Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

RRFPR ... Rude 1 ... AFR

I'm sorry if this seems redundant, but there are so many different opinions and results floating around here. Originally, it was said for the Rude 1 on a stock ECU (aftermarket air intake and external intercooler) all that is necessary is to set the base pressure of the RRFPR at 60 with the stock injectors. Then, people started saying 42#s are necessary. And now people are saying setting the RRFPR at 60 isn't good enough and that the stock fuel pump might not even be good enough.

So here's my situation. I have 42# injectors and stock injectors on hand. I have a RRFPR and a Rude 1 as well. Is there a concrete "safety range" that I can set the FPR at with the stock ECU in order to run this setup? I do not have an AFR meter or j-pipe bung setup for this ski..Long stretches of WOT will not occur. Probably 30 second runs are the longest it'll be held at or above 8000. It's a rec. riding ski..

Any help would be highly appreciated.

+1
    MY SET UP HAS, 42S, RRFPR AT 60LBS AND RUDE. A/F RATIO IS 12.0 TO 12.2 AT WOT. I KNOW OF 3-4 SKIS IN MY AREA THAT HAVEBEEN RUNNING THIS SET UP FOR AWHILE. HERE YOU GO SHIZZLY MY FIZZLY GO FAST DIZZLY.TODD P.S. YOU TOP SPEED WILLBE 72.3 MPH

+1
    It's a little colder in NY than FL. It's about 55-65 right now and the water is the same. If I set the base any higher I would max the fuel pump, right?

Thanks for the info Todd. I was almost sure you were up to 73 by now (with the current)..

+1
    I HOPE TO MAKE IT RUN 73MPH ONE DAY.I WOULD SAY YOU WILLBE O.K. IF YOU DONNOT MAKE ANY 5MIN WOT RUNS.ONE GUY HASBEEN RUNNING HIS RRFPR AT 62 WITH NO PROBLEMS WHEN IT WAS COLD IN FLORIDA. "70 TEMP" DANG TYPING THAT MADE ME COLD

+1
    Thats where I'm at............sorta, heres my setup, Rude, 50# injectors, Riva ECU, Sea Doo X model IC, 4" intake and a Green Hulk waterbox??? Am I ok or not? Do I need a larger fuel pump?

+1
    I don't like that setup at all for fueling. The Riva ECU was built to handle the stage III charger and can't handle anything more than an X charger IMO. I would atleast put 55s in or test your AFR or both. Don't ask me how I know

+1
    so what would happen if u had the stock injectors, rude 1, RRFPR but a bigger fuel pump and set the base pressure to 65?? 70 even???

just throwing more variables in?? or can this not be done???

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    I don't like that setup at all for fueling. The Riva ECU was built to handle the stage III charger and can't handle anything more than an X charger IMO. I would atleast put 55s in or test your AFR or both. Don't ask me how I know
    James,

I've heard just the opposite about the Riva..I run a 68-140 with my Riva and 50's with room to take my pressure up, Never had a issue. I think the Riva ECU is the safe way to go..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alex13 View Post
    i think the riva ecu is the safe way to go..
    Riva 8650 ecu................. #1...................PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    Sorry about the thread hijack, so then I'm fine or should I get a different fuel pump? How do I check my a/f ratio?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information