Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXT-X which grate and where to find info

Ok I think Ive worn out the search feature here, I cant find any info on modifying the stock grate. What is the best all around grate to run on the RXT-X? It will primarily be used in mild-rough chop at LOTO.
    Im not sure if Im typing something in wrong or what but I simply cant find info on how to modify the stock grate. I did see where a few people were happy with that but again no info on what mods were performed.

Thanks for any help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by QWKRN U View Post
    Ok I think Ive worn out the search feature here, I cant find any info on modifying the stock grate. What is the best all around grate to run on the RXT-X? It will primarily be used in mild-rough chop at LOTO.
    Im not sure if Im typing something in wrong or what but I simply cant find info on how to modify the stock grate. I did see where a few people were happy with that but again no info on what mods were performed.

Thanks for any help.
    Here's "skoepp" thread:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...131#post914131

SEE Page 91 POST # 910

Steven deserves much praise for his grate test on his T-X!

Just sart reading and you'll find every hting your looking for - good luck!

Thanks
    Just fired up the sawzall and grinder. Ill have to do some testing later this week. This break-in is going to be the longest 10 hours of my life.

Thanks
    Just fired up the sawzall and grinder. Ill have to do some testing later this week. This breaking is going to be the longest 10hours of my life.
    I thought about modding the stocker on mine but I am going to try the R&D and as long as it doesnt cavitate much I think i will be happy with it!

Quote Originally Posted by canadianRxtX View Post
    I thought about modding the stocker on mine but I am going to try the R&D and as long as it doesnt cavitate much I think i will be happy with it!
    After reading on here, it seems the modded stocker is best for not cavitating. Its worth a shot, I cut it, if its horrible, Ill just order one, but hey free is free.

+1
    After reading on here, it seems the modded stocker is best for not cavitating. Its worth a shot, I cut it, if its horrible, Ill just order one, but hey free is free.
    You can cut the outer wings with a gig saw if your used to it. I then used a lawn mover sharpener on a high speed drill and with a little work it comes out great. I got 69.8 with just that mod and ride plate/ scoop grate holes filled. Seems to get better gas millage as well without the outer wings hanging down!!! Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    You can cut the outer wings with a gig saw if your used to it. I then used a lawn mover sharpener on a high speed drill and with a little work it comes out great. I got 69.8 with just that mod and ride plate/ scoop grate holes filled. Seems to get better gas millage as well without the outer wings hanging down!!! Have fun!
    I used a sawzall and bench grinder. Looks good, now to see if it performs good.

+1
    I used a sawzall and bench grinder. Looks good, now to see if it performs good.
    Let us know when you GPS It!!

+1
    the stock moded should have zero cavitation and hard acceleration. I ran it all last summer and has better hookup then riva, but not quite the hook as a worx.its Difinetly a good mod for the T-X especially if your watching cost.

does anybody have a picture of the stock grate next to the stock modded so that I know what to cut when I do this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information