white end pieces at end of bailer hose??

are those white end pieces supposed to be on a 01 rx, mine is taking in water, i think its coming through the shaft, but the bailer tubes were not pumping it out. i noticed i dont have those white rubber caps on the end of them like i did on my 98 xpl

+1
    Where?? In the hull or in the venturi?

+1
    If they are missing from the venturi it will push water back up into the hull.

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    no joke without them you will sink

they are needed to keep the correct back pressure so water will not enter the hull

yep, the venturi. its just metal i see, no white covers like on my xpl i had. where can i get them, my dealer sucks and wont have a clue what im talking about. maybe its the tubes that are leaking and not the through the drive shaft. but ive been running it like that for a month, and no problem till recently last time i had a little bit more water, and yesterday i had water up to the bottom of the battery. only leaked when i ran it

They were a recalled item on a few years worth of skis, yours could have been one of them

well nevermind i found the problem, i left the storage tray out to fit a bigger ice chest=more beer, and i when i took on some heavy waves it must have went in from the gap where the storage tray goes. didnt realize that much water could in there like that

+1
    On my '00 RX the bailer tube extensions are black. Do you still have the tubes sticking out of the venturi, but they are not white?

If so, that is cool. As long as the tubes are there and stick out into the pump flow. That is how they create a vacuum. If not, they will let water blow back up into the hull. I suspect they are there else you would have had a problem before now.

Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    On my '00 RX the bailer tube extensions are black. Do you still have the tubes sticking out of the venturi, but they are not white?

If so, that is cool. As long as the tubes are there and stick out into the pump flow. That is how they create a vacuum. If not, they will let water blow back up into the hull. I suspect they are there else you would have had a problem before now.
    i checked real good today and they are black not white, thats why i thought they were missing. thanks for the help

Thread Information