Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't decide? 97 1100 ZXi or 97 1100 Waveraider?

I am looking at 2 different watercraft, both in great condition and similar price - a Kawi 11 ZXi and a Yami Raider 1100. We are looking for some help deciding on which would be best for us...

We primarily want to use it as something to rip around in (hard turns, 180s, 360s, good solo rider handling, wake jumping more important than flat out straight line speed), plus use it to tow wakeboards, tubes, etc.

Reliability is a big factor as well. I would assume fuel consumption would be fairly high on both models?

Which way would you go? Anything to watch out for?

We already have a Mod Blaster 1, a SuperJet and an X2.

Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by splasher2k View Post
    I am looking at 2 different watercraft, both in great condition and similar price - a Kawi 11 ZXi and a Yami Raider 1100. We are looking for some help deciding on which would be best for us...

We primarily want to use it as something to rip around in (hard turns, 180s, 360s, good solo rider handling, wake jumping more important than flat out straight line speed), plus use it to tow wakeboards, tubes, etc. In most states....you cannot pull with either since both are considered a 2 pass ski. It's also woth nothing that both skis are not going to be that great simply due to the hull design. Of the 2 ....the Kaw would likely be the better.

Reliability is a big factor as well. I would assume fuel consumption would be fairly high on both models? You simply can't go wrong with Yamaha ...they are considered thee best IMO. Gas...both drink like mad...be prepared.

Which way would you go? Anything to watch out for? Your wanting the best of both worlds and to be honest you should use your blaster for the tricks and pick up something like an XLT1200 for the towing part. In terms of fun...both the ones mentioned are fun with the raider being more unstable= which usally is more fun for folks.

We already have a Mod Blaster 1, a SuperJet and an X2.

Thanks.

M

We don't need a 3 person ski here - mirrors & 2 seater are ok.

What about a GP 760 or GP 800?

I Knoe forsure the zxi1100 is very reliable and does about 58-59mph the only thing wrong with it is the handling it lacks rough water handling bigtime but handles pretty good in the flats. As for the waveraider i realy cant say i never had one.

+1
    Get a GP1200 fast and nimble.
    I have had huge air on mine as well.

Friend has a 95 Raider 1100.Light weight,fun and fast!Only downfall is very little storage.Oh yea,He's never had any problems with it.has around 65 hours on it.Also use to own 900 zxi,Raider definatly handles better in my opinion.

the 1100 waveraider is also refered to as the ejector seat. i have one its light its fast and at high speeds it is dangerous. the bottom of the boat is flat. at speed there is not much to keep it in a straight line and it will turn right at top speed. it is a ball.

+1
    Get a GP1200

Heres mine Sequence 04.avi

no such thing as a 97 raider 1100 they only made them in 95 and 96 but i would definately get the raider over the zxi 1100-i rode my raider 1100 for 2 summers next to a kawi 1100 and the raider is a little faster and doesnt porpoise like the zxi 1100- if you get the raider put some good sponsons and a protec 50mm extended steering nozzle and you will be set plus th raider can be modded to be much faster than a modded zxi 1100 but i also agree that a 97-99 gp1200 would be preferred over both of them

big raider i just bought a 1100 raider and i had the ejector seat experience first day out in big chop. but it was a gas to ride im 230lbs topped out at 59 on gps but i would like a little more stability in corners in the marsh flats and such.. everyone has been talking about aftermarket sponsons but i can seem to find them anywhere. in fact i did find a kit but it was like $400 and for that much ill deal with the skipping. can you give me any tips ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information