Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

should i sell rxt-x for ultra 260x?

my current ski is a 2008 rxt-x with stage 1 kit (mods in sig)
    i almost always ride on lake ontario and almost always run into 3foot waves or higher, my Tx has takin one hell of a pounding and ive got a sh*t load of spider cracks on the hull and in the pump + its really hard to ride and i'm very sore after every ride lol i'm considdering selling it and buying a 2009 Ultra260x at the start of next season (the 09s should be a bit cheaper then) and right after i would be instaling a stage 1 on the ultra
    i'm wondering how much better does the Ultra handle ruff stuff then the T-X?
    and do you think its worth the trade?
    i know buying the ultra there will be a trade off in handling and perhaps acceleration but since my T-X is runing a reduction nozel maybe they will be close?
    id love some feedback from anyone who has ridden both these skis (or atleast the ultra 250 and rxt)

i should have mentioned that i am also considdering a yamaha Fzs for this same reasons. i just need a good ruff water ski thats reliable and can hit atleast 70/71 on the flat

+1
    I dont think that for the ROUGH there is any Ski better than a Ultra 250-260x.... That would be my choice if you ride in the rough a lot and 70-71 on a 260x can be achived with just a ride plate.... Give it a little I'm sure other people will jump in and give you other advices..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL08HO View Post
    I dont think that for the ROUGH there is any Ski better than a Ultra 250-260x.... That would be my choice if you ride in the rough a lot and 70-71 on a 260x can be achived with just a ride plate.... Give it a little I'm sure other people will jump in and give you other advices..
    Some ride plates will take away rough water handling.

Thumbs up

The T-X is an amazing ski. However, based on what you ride in I'd say you picked the wrong boat. I ride ocean chop all the time. The 250x is super comfortable I pull away from EVERYTHING in the chop. Even on flat very few skis can take me and w/ some minor mods the 250x will make you happy in all aspects. One of my riding partners has a stock T-X...we've swapped machine numerouse times. I'm keeping my 250x!!

i used to own a 07 ultra 250..my t-x handles the ruff stuff just as good as my 250 ever did..simple trim adjustment is all that is needed..i would wait to see if the 09s have totally solved the GIO problem..

NO GIO in 08 and 09 ultras.

I guess it depends on how bad of a beating you would take on trade. If it was me I probably wouldn't but I also don't ride in super choppy water.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScooter View Post
    i used to own a 07 ultra 250..my t-x handles the ruff stuff just as good as my 250 ever did..simple trim adjustment is all that is needed..i would wait to see if the 09s have totally solved the GIO problem..
    CRAP on both accounts

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by WaterScooter View Post
    i used to own a 07 ultra 250..my t-x handles the ruff stuff just as good as my 250 ever did..simple trim adjustment is all that is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    CRAP on both accounts

I think thats an over-exaggeration .....T-X is a great ski but in very ruff water there is no contest.......the Ultra will walk it.....it doesnt have the sheer weight or the v-hull design to cut the waves and keep its pump hooked up like the Ultra. I think you've forgotten what it was like to ride your Ultra in the chop if u think the T-X is just as good. Now the RXT-IS is a different story all together........

That thing has the potential to be an Ultra killer offSHOre.....and notice i said 'potential'....time and some races will tell...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information