Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cape Cod riders

Talking Cape Cod riders

Anyone planning any trips or rides for up coming memorial day weekend? Or any other ride plans for the summer season?

I don't get it...you can get a bunch of gh members to organize and get together to ride in April on a polluted river(sorry no offence CT guys), but there isn't any members on the Cape or going to the Cape this season? Seems wierd there isn't more participation...oh well, I'll keep trying.....

+1
    Well, I'll be at the cape after July 4th with ski's in tow.

im not surprised by the lack of interest in cape cod,
    Cape codders dont like jet ski's too much, too many issues for launching and areas where you can't ride.

NY may have its dirty spots...but it sure is fun...

Personally, how much fun im having has more to do with the people im riding with than it does the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    I don't get it...you can get a bunch of gh members to organize and get together to ride in April on a polluted river(sorry no offence CT guys), but there isn't any members on the Cape or going to the Cape this season? Seems wierd there isn't more participation...oh well, I'll keep trying.....
    Do you ride bayside or ocean side? Is there easy access to ramps? I am coming up that way this summer. Not sure exactly where, but I will contact you when it gets closer.

I would love to ride up on the Cape, visit the Dennis area occasionally, but everything seams real shallow. If i come up I would love to hookup and learn the area. I have the charts on my GPS but have never been out on the water up there.

I'm on the Vineyard working now and don't have much internet access, but when I get back this weekend I'll try to get back and send out some info on decent riding areas. There is plenty of ride spots and destinations. Thanks.

+1
    Wifes fam lives in Falmouth,

the few times I've been out we've ridden out around Old and New silver beach. Then went down to Woods hole area..

Hopefully this summer i can do a rip around the vineyard.

we have family house in brewster, and i havent skied down there in about 8 years. last time i had 2 stand ups in the bay. now i have a 260x and plan on tryin the cape out again. dont know where to ride and where to launch. last time we went out of sesuit harbor

I'm from CT but have a place in Dennisport. You're right about the limited places to launch and ride on the ocean side. The Herring River is the most convenient but launching is VERBOTEN.

There's a couple of spots on the Bass River to launch, one about 2500 feet before the Rt28 bridge, the other on north side behind Sundancers(?). It's a bit of a slog down the river at "no wake" speeds but there's gas available. Once you're at the mouth of the river you can go WFO. With calm water, I can get to my beach in about 10 minutes...Remember, unlike CT, you can't tow ANYTHING!

I'm up there a fair amount...look for the Red Ultra LX!

i ride in buzzards bay pretty much every sunday, let me know if you want to hook up sometime

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information