+1

Angry RANT.!.why untracked items are going missing these days???

This is my rant.
    I am very pissed off this fkn minute with the postal service.
    The problem is that when I send smaller things out, I don't usually pay for tracking as it is expensive and things used to always get there I suppose.
    So about 3 weeks ago, I sent STSPERFORMANCE some freebies n/c and he hasn't gotten them. That's 3 weeks!
    Then I sent out a console decal to HAZE, no tracking, order is missing/not arrived?????????

-Thank god I don't trust postal with large kits and always get the tracking and insurance as they are time consuming to redo and I have to own it.

So sadly, I can no longer send anything out without having the tracking on it.
    Furthermore, and from now on, I will have the packages insured for $100.00 and see if they dare not deliver as they are supposed to.

FK! I'm so pissed off with them. It's not so much the cost as much as it is my time to redo jobs, repackage, and go back to the postal outlet a second time for the same thing. I have no recourse and no proof and they know that.
    So I might just do a test as well and take pictures at the post office and send something out to someone, like STSPERFORMANCE and see if it gets there or not. In fact, I'll send two packages. One tracked then one the day after untracked.

O.k, rant over.
    That's what I'm going to do.

+1
    I feel your pain...

I hate the USPS. Being a government run organization (and I work for the government) they really suck. I'd much rather use fedex or ups...At least you know it will make it there!

I have had nothing but great success using usps.

David

+1
    I may be wrong but the problem isn't the USPS but rather the Canadian postal service and the US customs because Side Fx is in B.C/Canada.

+1
    Thanks for sharing the pain with me. LoL
    Just came back from doing a mail out and complained to them, so they will try and see what's up.
    That said, pathetically, I just paid $14.91 to mail a $25. item
    Quote Originally Posted by dcman4usn View Post
    I feel your pain...

I hate the USPS. Being a government run organization (and I work for the government) they really suck. I'd much rather use fedex or ups...At least you know it will make it there!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    I may be wrong but the problem isn't the USPS but rather the Canadian postal service and the US customs because Side Fx is in B.C/Canada.
    Were these packages clearly marked with the necessary border declaration/sticker regarding content type and value?

Unmarked stuff may be held/delayed at the US border. I don't know if some of it simply gets discarded, rather than returned to sender address. And it could take many weeks for returned items to actually get back to the sender.

+1
    Yes, they were marked, however the one that I sent was n/c as there was no commercial value. The one I resent to HAZE today was sent as document because it was in an extended brown envelope like the last one sent. I had sh*t like this happen last year as well knowing for fact that something was sent without the tracking and it went missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Were these packages clearly marked with the necessary border declaration/sticker regarding content type and value?

Unmarked stuff may be held/delayed at the US border. I don't know if some of it simply gets discarded, rather than returned to sender address. And it could take many weeks for returned items to actually get back to the sender.

+1
    My ex used to work for the u.s. postal service and they are worse then you can even imagine! The amount of mail lost on a daily basis is beyond belief! She ran her own post office in Scotland, Maryland and was always getting mail addressed to Scotland (the country) even though the addy's were clearly marked and zip codes used. She even got mail that was addressed for other places like California and Arizona. We never use the USPS. Ever!! After she started working there, she decided to do a major cleaning in her office which was a very small trailer (construction shack?). She found mail dated from the 50's and 60's behind shelves etc. Believe it.

yes, the postal service sucks period, especially here in Pinetown USA. I think "they" licked the stamps all to often

I especially like the a$$clowns that drive the mail box trucks, they have their own special license...

I`m sure we have all seen an overturned mail truck with someones bills and documents strewen thru-out the highway...

Thread Information