Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

rxt exaust p1544

rxt moster c5 rd powershot stuffergrate 14/19solas xs pumpwedge resi box removed 8180/8200revs my problem is as soon as i pull the trigger the disco lights start flashing its ok in lake flat conditions in 3inch chop it starts driving me mad i ride on the sea all the time i have sent prop off to have 3mm taken off to set it back to reduce revs as you doods sugested hope u can help with this one

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo rxt View Post
    rxt moster c5 rd powershot stuffergrate 14/19solas xs pumpwedge resi box removed 8180/8200revs my problem is as soon as i pull the trigger the disco lights start flashing its ok in lake flat conditions in 3inch chop it starts driving me mad i ride on the sea all the time i have sent prop off to have 3mm taken off to set it back to reduce revs as you doods sugested hope u can help with this one
    Sounds like you have a clogged intercooler..Do you run a debris strainer on your water input line to your IC?

+1
    Check your j-pipe pissers for clogs and make sure your hose clamps on your coupler between the j-pipe and water box are not causing the coupler to block the pissers.

Cool

Hey guys,

I usually ride the sometimes rough waters of Lake Michigan and
    My exhaust temp warning buzzer also goes off as well after a one minute or so full throttle blast, Buzzer shuts off after idling for about 15-20 seconds.

My 2007 RXT has the following Mods:
    ROTAX RACING EXTERNAL Intercooler
    ROTAX RACING HIGH BOOST Supercharger Wheel
    ROTAX RACING 158* T'stat
    Riva Metal Washers
    Friebe 4" Air Intake up front with Filter
    Riva 14/19 R prop with Stainless wear ring
    Rive Intake Grate
    2* Pump Wedge
    O.P.A.S. removed
    Water Strainer
    Exhaust by-pass tube (Stock hull exit)
    Stock E.C.U. and Stock Injectors.
    No. G.P.S. yet, use to run 8100-8200 R.P.M. and "run" away from my bud's Stage 1 RXP

I've tried the suggestions listed above, intercooler and strainer was not clogged, 3 pisser holes in J-pipe not covered by clamp in wrong position, I even installed the pump restrictor with larger orfice (identified with yellow O-ring) from a RXT-X with larger orfice, still have the exhaust temp beeper going off.

Another rider suggested drilling 3 additional pisser holes in the J-pipe (for a total of Six) and enlarging the orfice in the restrictor from the Stock 7mm to 9mm.

Open for suggestions.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by kraven View Post
    Hey guys,

My exhaust temp warning buzzer also goes off as well after a one minute or so full throttle blast, Buzzer shuts off after idling for about 15-20 seconds.

ROTAX RACING 158* T'stat
    Riva Metal Washers
    Rive Intake Grate
    2* Pump Wedge
    O.P.A.S. removed
    Water Strainer
    No. G.P.S. yet, use to run 8100-8200 R.P.M. and "run" away from my bud's Stage 1 RXP

I've tried the suggestions listed above, intercooler and strainer was not clogged, 3 pisser holes in J-pipe not covered by clamp in wrong position, I even installed the pump restrictor with larger orfice (identified with yellow O-ring) from a RXT-X with larger orfice, still have the exhaust temp beeper going off.

Another rider suggested drilling 3 additional pisser holes in the J-pipe (for a total of Six) and enlarging the orfice in the restrictor from the Stock 7mm to 9mm.

Open for suggestions.

Check the top two clamps on the j-pipe side of the waterbox..The middle clamp should be as close to the top clamp as possible if not removed completely being it's redundant and not needed. It sometimes pinches the J-pipe pissers causing a code

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Check the top two clamps on the j-pipe side of the waterbox..The middle clamp should be as close to the top clamp as possible if not removed completely being it's redundant and not needed. It sometimes pinches the J-pipe pissers causing a code
    I'm familiar with exactly what you're talking about. Double & triple checked. Even tried it with one single clamp rather than the factory set-up double clamp. Same problem.

P-1544 hot exhaust warning buzzer coming on to the point where I purchased another sensor and strapped it to the outside (yeah I know not the best idea) . I checked my intercooler, strainer, even the 3 pisser holes in the J-pipe, went as far as to install the YELLOW-O-ringed larger restrictor washer from an RXT-X, buzzer still comes on once and a while, especially after 1 minute or so full throttle, then goes off after idling for about 15 seconds. I ride the usually rough waters of Lake Michigan, however if the water is DEAD CALM it usually won't go off.

Since the ROTAX RACING intercooler has 5/8" fittings on it, I ran 5/8" heater hose from the outlet side of the intercooler to the front of the exhaust manifold. The stock hose was 3/4" , hokey plastic step fittings were included with the external intercooler, didn't trust them so I replaced the stock 3/4" hose with the smaller 5/8" hose (to eliminate the need for the plastic step fittings) and replaced the 3/4" stock fitting in the front of the exhaust manifold with the smaller 5/8".

Open to suggestions????

+1

Open to suggestions????
    Avoid hijacking others threads and start your own. You will get more help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Avoid hijacking others threads and start your own. You will get more help.
    It sounds like these guys are having very similar issues.

I can rememeber back in the day with my 750 stand up it would start steaming out the exhaust pisser if I held it wot through the chop for any period of time. I always thought it was from it getting a mix of air and water pumped through the system from coming un-hooked.

Sea doo rxt, What year is your boat? I'm betting you are still on the limiter especialy when coming un-hooked and that is causing your alarm. Being on the limiter banging through the chop will cause your boat to run lean and cause high EGTs. I think you still need more prop.

+1
    Hey guys,

ROTAX RACING 158* T'stat
    Riva Metal Washers
    Rive Intake Grate
    2* Pump Wedge
    O.P.A.S. removed
    Water Strainer

Open for suggestions.
    Another thing you can try is taking the water line that goes to your exhaust at the exit and pinch it off. Thjis will force more water through the waterbox and cool the sensor better. If that fixes your problem then you can do a more permanent fix.

With the RR intercooler, you need to either change out
    the water restrictor in the pump to the larger one, or drill
    out the existing 1 about 1-2 mm.
    This will give more flow. The RR i/c is a little restrictive so
    it "uses" more water.. By the time the pipe gets it, it's
    pretty warm and flow is low, so the pipe overheats.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information