Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1

    Hello everyone, I'm thinking of switching to watercraft racing.... help

    I'm Josh everyone. I have raced motocross for ten years and I'm thinking of a hobby switch. I race the Florida Trail Riders hare scrambles series, and I've won everything all the way up, including the premier AA class. Since I don't have the money to travel the country and go further with it, I think I am ready to start a new type of racing as a beginner. I think most of the fun of my racing has gone away with the pressure of everyone expecting you to go fast ALL the time. So racing stand up Jet Skis is my next choice.

    My dilemma is that I've never been on one, and I don't know anyone locally that has one to barrow. I want to find someone in south florida to meet up with who will let me use their ski to get an idea of what it would be like. In exchange, I would be willing to meet them with an extra dirtbike of any size for a day of offroad riding. I figured most jet ski riders would like the idea of a different thrill for a day.

    So does anyone like the idea? Or can someone point me in the right direction of where I would be more successful?


  2. #2
    There is always a guy with a bigger boat FasstPhilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Boca Marina, Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    363

    Tell us where you live.

    If we know where you are... Hopefully, you live near the guy they call "Palm Beach Jessie".

    He is the resident go fast expert. You will get a kick out of lots of the riders that you meet, they go fast, but only in a straight line. On a boat or jetski turning is done by applying power, if not you turn the handle bars and keep going straight ahead. Then we pull you out of the reeds, bushes, trees or parking lots.

    Hey... send a post to Alex13, he broke more bones that anyone I know... and he did it on a dirt bike. He is another one with a really fast ski.

    Here is pic of me on a dirt bike... so maybe you are better off talking to Jessie & Alex.

    Woops, Josh wants to go standup... now you have to cal MattMan in the keys. Who was that guy we met at Lake Ida? He owns dozens of skis and was a crazy standup guy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2071.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	129576  

  3. #3
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Welcome to GH!! We'll get an invite sent out to ya via PM and hopefully you'll be able to ride with us.....all kinds of ski's to enjoy. Mark knows the guy at Ida with the stand-ups. good luck and hope to ride with ya soon. oh...and the best stand-ups r Yammis

  4. #4
    Treemn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    3,322
    +1
    636
    The guy at ida is Bill great folk. he has a real nice stand up for sale heck he has several skis for sale. I will post his number later tonight. He has a ski shop in palm beach area.

  5. #5
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Racin118 View Post
    I'm Josh everyone. I have raced motocross for ten years and I'm thinking of a hobby switch. I race the Florida Trail Riders hare scrambles series, and I've won everything all the way up, including the premier AA class. Since I don't have the money to travel the country and go further with it, I think I am ready to start a new type of racing as a beginner. I think most of the fun of my racing has gone away with the pressure of everyone expecting you to go fast ALL the time. So racing stand up Jet Skis is my next choice.

    My dilemma is that I've never been on one, and I don't know anyone locally that has one to barrow. I want to find someone in south florida to meet up with who will let me use their ski to get an idea of what it would be like. In exchange, I would be willing to meet them with an extra dirtbike of any size for a day of offroad riding. I figured most jet ski riders would like the idea of a different thrill for a day.

    So does anyone like the idea? Or can someone point me in the right direction of where I would be more successful?

    Welcome to the forum!! I raced motorcross and supercross for years and have plenty of broken bones to prove it You'll like watercraft..alot more forgiving then my dear love dirtbikes..
    How old are you? The reason i'm asking is my ski can be deadly if not ridden correctly and I don't want a lawsuit.. I would like a track day

    Where are you living down here?

    talk to you later

    Alex

  6. #6
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm located in sarasota, fl. I travel around the state pretty far to ride, so I wouldn't be against a hike for a day of jet ski riding. Alex, I'm 22. I've never ridden anything with a motor that I didn't pick up right away. I may be an adrenaline junkie, but one with a level head. Knock on wood... I only have a broken collar bone to show for all my years of racing, and you know those are easy to break!!

  7. #7
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Racin118 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm located in sarasota, fl. I travel around the state pretty far to ride, so I wouldn't be against a hike for a day of jet ski riding. Alex, I'm 22. I've never ridden anything with a motor that I didn't pick up right away. I may be an adrenaline junkie, but one with a level head. Knock on wood... I only have a broken collar bone to show for all my years of racing, and you know those are easy to break!!
    Welcome to the forum! Your just a short 40 minutes south of me. I don't know anyone that rides a stand up anymore... including myself... there to much F'in work ...

    However... if you want to come up and ride some real ski's... sea-doo's of course let me know... you'll be hooked!!!

    PS... don't let these log guys (yamalogs) get into your head... there really slow (there ski's & mentally) and have a real hard time dealing with that ...

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Your just a short 40 minutes south of me. I don't know anyone that rides a stand up anymore... including myself... there to much F'in work ...

    However... if you want to come up and ride some real ski's... sea-doo's of course let me know... you'll be hooked!!!

    PS... don't let these log guys (yamalogs) get into your head... there really slow (there ski's & mentally) and have a real hard time dealing with that ...
    Yes, welcome to the forum. We have a good time down here in central/southern Florida.

    Check out www.soflariders.net we occasionally let relaiable See-Poos into the club. Sorry PBJ & RXP6, had to say it.

  9. #9
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Yes, welcome to the forum. We have a good time down here in central/southern Florida.

    Check out www.soflariders.net we occasionally let relaiable See-Poos into the club. Sorry PBJ & RXP6, had to say it.
    Drinking again... The spelling police man monitors this area heavily ...

  10. #10
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Drinking The spelling police man monitors this area heavily ...





    JP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for input , thinking of switching to Doo
    By jeel in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 10:00 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 08:33 PM
  3. Wanted to know what everyone thinks of quick silver oil not full syntactic???
    By noshowallgo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 10:47 PM
  4. thinking of switching mfds
    By Expedition6901 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 01:13 PM
  5. FS What do you guys think of this to help deter fraud in the GH's marketplace?
    By tempest.runner in forum General Classifieds
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •