Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    How To Break In Your 08 Fx SHO?

    hii huys im trying to find out how many hours do you need to break it in for and at what rpms should you ride on to have a proper break in i live in the cayman islands! and im 15! i jus got my brand new fx SHO


  2. #2
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    congrats on the ski!! The proper way to break it in is 5 min idle the ride hard without any sustained WOT runs. This allows the piston rings i believe to expand fully and will offer the best results. theres a great link on this,,,, im sure someone will post it....

  3. #3
    Never Fast Enough caymanian rida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    cayman islands
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRBoy345 View Post
    hii huys im trying to find out how many hours do you need to break it in for and at what rpms should you ride on to have a proper break in i live in the cayman islands! and im 15! i jus got my brand new fx SHO
    congrates bro!
    but like he said just idle for the first 5 minutes then change how much trottle u give the ski for couple hours.When i broke my craft in I dont think i gave it any full trottle until 5 hours I squeezed for about 20 seconds at full then bring it back down and keep chaning it up until i got 10 hours
    but good luck

  4. #4
    B memba we ga kawasakis n he ga a sho it might b different on their break in but congrast on the ski btw


    Quote Originally Posted by caymanian rida View Post
    congrates bro!
    but like he said just idle for the first 5 minutes then change how much trottle u give the ski for couple hours.When i broke my craft in I dont think i gave it any full trottle until 5 hours I squeezed for about 20 seconds at full then bring it back down and keep chaning it up until i got 10 hours
    but good luck

  5. #5
    Duppy no who fi frighten, Make Dem Try Good2Go16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
    Posts
    489
    Everyone on this site has different break in processes. GPRBOY345 get in contact with R3_Killa or DP. on the site an ask them. How you should break it in.

  6. #6
    BH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, Fl
    Posts
    5
    Dont feel bad..... I sent the wife to the dealer to grab some supplies and she comes home with 2009's. Now I am figuring out the break in drill.


  7. #7
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    welcome to the forum BH1

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by BH1 View Post
    Dont feel bad..... I sent the wife to the dealer to grab some supplies and she comes home with 2009's. Now I am figuring out the break in drill.

    Now that's nice.

    Welcome to the forum.

  9. #9
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by BH1 View Post
    Dont feel bad..... I sent the wife to the dealer to grab some supplies and she comes home with 2009's. Now I am figuring out the break in drill.

    Gratz.......and you have a great wife there.....she's an excellent shopper!!!

    Welcome to the forum.....

  10. #10
    Never Fast Enough caymanian rida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    cayman islands
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by BH1 View Post
    Dont feel bad..... I sent the wife to the dealer to grab some supplies and she comes home with 2009's. Now I am figuring out the break in drill.


    hell they are beautiful! woow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How To Break In a NEW engine - Controversial Technique!!
    By jpt7779 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 11:33 AM
  2. How to break in my new fzr?
    By Cohiba262 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2009, 03:25 PM
  3. How to break-in ski
    By richycosta7 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 08:13 PM
  4. HOw to break in
    By Fabian_1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 07:05 PM
  5. How to break In ?
    By Island racer in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2006, 09:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •