+1

Hydro Turf ready to install preglued mats

What are your thoughts on Hydro Turfs ready to install pre glued mats?
    Thanks

+1
    Pre-glued over the non glued, no question. What ever extra money that they charge it's well worth it. The other thing that I will give my two cents about(and that's probably all it's worth) is that you might look into other patterns that they offer, that is rather than the horizontal ribs. I don't have a very good picture of mine, but they are a bitch to keep clean. Where the water sits in the foot wells leaves a lot of residue behind in the grooves. Drives me nuts. When I want them to look good I have to do a lot of scrubbing with a nylon brush and soap and water. Pain in the ass. Ok, that's tonight's rant. Post us some pics when your done.

OBJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008013.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	843.0 KB 
ID:	129730  

how hard are they to install. tools needed and hour wise. thanks, kinda interested.

+1
    It's been a few years since I did those( and a few more brain cells!). Pre-glued will be way quicker and lots neater, but I still think your looking at two-three hours. I know the stock mats were riveted(lots of rivets) but I can't remember if I used a wood chisel to get under the mats and knock them loose of the rivets or not; anyway, then with just the right drill bit you drill out each rivet. If you have the right size bit the rivets will back out onto the bit rather than falling into your hull. I think Hydro Turf supplied epoxy to fill the rivet holes, but i'm not really sure if it's necessary since the mats stick so well that it would be virtually impossible for water to get under them. You will want to clean the gel coat very well with alcohol or acetone before applying your new mats. Just take your time and be thorough.

OBJ

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    pre-glued ALL the way!

We got my skis mats installed in under 4 minutes, and they are perfect!!!

How long does the pre-glue last? I don't want to install them on the RXT and have them lift up in one riding season.

+1
    I have had mine on for over a season now (pre-glued) and have ridden it with them on for almost 100 hrs., ski is stored outside all summer/winter, none of the mats have even thought about coming up on their own, they are on there very good and its a lot less messy than the glue on mats... get the pre-glued, you wont be disapointed, goodluck!

+1
    I did, tired of the old way of applying glue, getting all over, having the mats comup before its stuck, etc, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    how hard are they to install. tools needed and hour wise. thanks, kinda interested.

You have to drill out all of the rivets. thats really the only hard part... I mean its not hard work just time consuming because theres probably 30 of them..
    sooo.. just a drill and maybe a can of acetone to clean off whatever gunk is caked on underneath and promote adhesion.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mats.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	133767

I just did mine a few months ago, and couldn't be happier. I got the pre glued ones, and it was well worth it. I went to harbor freight and found a $9.00 electric sander that fit perfectly in the foot well. Sanded the shit out of the foot wells, applied epoxy in the holes (this is VERY inportant!!! less is more when it comes to epoxy. I filled the holes and left some bubble on the top, and it took me forever to sand the epoxy down) sanded epoxy again, and wiped down with acetone. prior to sticking them down, I laid them out, and marked the corners with a marker on the hull so I could have a reference once the backing was removed. Turned out awesome.

I know the seatcover looks like poop in this pic, I have upgraded since...

Thread Information