Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Florida Central West Coast Distance Ride

Hello all,

At the request of some other members who have prior commitments, this ride will be offered the next two weekends- Sat 5/9 & Sun 5/10 -- and Sat 5/16 & Sun 5/17. I have checked tidal data and we have plenty of water to go both weekends- as long as the weather permits for 5/16 & 17-- LET'S RIP IT !!!

I am posting here to see who would like to join me in my daily 100 mile ride this weekend. I will be doing this ride both Saturday and Sunday with a launch time of about 9:30 am.

I know all the fuel stops and the best tiki bars along the way and I am leaving an open invitation to any and all who have an interest in taking an incredibly scenic long distance ride. The tides and weather are very Favorable for a smooth ride hugging the coast on both Saturday and Sunday while we are in the open water north of New Port Richey. We will travel the shallows to avoid getting beat up and to check out the wildlife. I have done this ride numerous times, I know the water and obstacle locations very well, and will lead the ride at a pace to match the slowest rider.

I will launch from the Bayport Ramp, (Weeki Wachee, FL) and travel south passing Hernando Beach, Hudson, and New Port Richey. At Tarpon Springs (30 miles in) we will take a break and some fuel and then head out past The Anclotte Keys to Dunedin Causeway, Honeymoon and Caledesi Islands, and probably down to Clearwater Pass, as well. At Clearwater we may hit Shaperds and/ or Tropics, and then refuel and start back North ward along the interior of the Barrier islands. We will check out the backside of Caledesi/Honeymoon Island State Park, Three Rooker island, the Anclotte Island Light House, and the North Anclotte Sand Bar Party.

From there we will head back directly, or perhaps grab a splash of fuel in Tarpon, Hudson or Hernando. The other posiiblity is that we can meet along the way closer to where you launch and do part of the ride together depending on your fuel and time allowances.

So thats the Plan-
    Who's With Me ?
    You need to have a good running, reliable ski capable of at least 60mph.
    PM me for my cell and other information/ directions.
    Last edited by OffShore2; 05-06-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like a blast... can I hook up with the pack at Dunedin causeway and ride from there

Crap... hold on... I need to find a ski that can do 60 mph ... nevermind... I got a Doo

Rockin' ! Love to have ya along- pm me your cell and we will cordinate times- which day ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Sounds like a blast... can I hook up with the pack at Dunedin causeway and ride from there

Crap... hold on... I need to find a ski that can do 60 mph ... nevermind... I got a Doo

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OffShore2 View Post
    Rockin' ! Love to have ya along- pm me your cell and we will cordinate times- which day ?
    Sunday... I think I'll give you a shout towards the end of the week. This could turn into a pretty large ride

Where are you Gus

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Make sure theres a yamaha there with a tow rope in your group

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post

LMAO- yep - will doo...so that means you are coming with us then ?????

+1
    Alright Rip'n Shlo... even though there is a minimum speed required of 60 mph... you can come as long as you bring the tow rope...

+1

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Alright Rip'n Shlo... even though there is a minimum speed required of 60 mph... you can come as long as you bring the and tow rope...
    Better get that out of there mister "meow....oh its too rough out here lets go back to the bay waaaaahhhhh meow'

My tow rope broke from pullling too many poos....u guys r gonna have to bring one

Better get that out of there mister "meow....oh its too rough out here lets go back to the bay waaaaahhhhh meow'

My tow rope broke from pullling too many poos....u guys r gonna have to bring one

cause I ride a 73 mph RXTX...I have a custom 30 footer with two stainless steel caribiner tow hooks...its very trick... and should be standard equipment with the doo.... as a matrter of fact I used it last time I was out....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information