VTS Problem - Nozzle goes up on an angle <?>

VTS Problem - Pulling to the Left when Trimmed up 100%
    Hey All,

A bit stuck on what I thought would be a simple adjustment... I was riding in LI Sound and getting bounced around quite a bit, I noticed that my 06 RXP started pulling a bit to the left when I adjusted VTS all the way up. Thought I bent a rod or needed to adjust, but I can't seem to locate the problem or something that might need adjustment.

I can clearly see that the VTS "ring" goes up at an angle when I go from full down to full up positions. The handlebars stay straight, no issue there, but if I'm running WOT and I start adjusting, there is a HUGE difference and I start running hard left.

Anyone have any ideas as to where to start? There are no visable signs of damage or actual bends that I see.... what could I be missing?

Any help is appreciated

- robb

+1
    Your steering nozzle has to be twisted somehow. I can't see any other way for this to happen.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Robb,

My only thoughts are, as the trim is moving up and down, the trim ring is moving laterally. This could be a problem with the plastic bushings on the trim ring. Gotta admit... I've never heard of this issue. Look closely at the two pivot points of the trim ring and the two pivot points of the steering nozzle. Make sure everything is intact. Let use know your findings, as all of us will learn from this.

Thanks for the prompt replies... I'll give this a closer look to see if I can find anything that's bent but I didn't see anything obvious during the first inspection. I thought there might be an adjustment rod... but now I'm nervous that something is bent, which likely means $$.

Eh... we'll see.

I just sent my Supercharger down to Jerry to get worked on (metal washers), but once it's back and I'm ready to put it in... and the battery is charged (stupid New England Winters).... I'll check it out and try to snag a video if I can't figure it out.

Thanks again - I'll report back in a week or so.

Thread Information