Maybe the plate is not the blame

Pictures are not as good as I wanted them to be. I never have had good luck with the 4200. What has worked best for me in the past is the FORD Silicone Gasket and Sealant.
    Now after I remove all that crap can I just fill the holes with the silicone or do I have to put back the black pieces back even after I will probably have to perform murder on them to get the 4200 off of them if I have to reuse them.
    BTW, my neighbor and wife thinks I am crazy being under the ski at this hour. Maybe if they commit me I will hire someone to do this right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mvc_005f_582.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	5990   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mvc_004f_206.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	5991   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mvc_003f_368.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	5992   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mvc_002f_213.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	5993   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mvc_001f_895.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	5994  

+1
    looks like you might need more 4200 between the back of the shoe and the transom of the hull (that large gap needs to be filled in)

yes you can just fill the holes up (but that is a hassle because if you put in too much silicone at one time it won't harden

Ellie wire wheel gets it off just go lightly on the rubber once it starts coming off the rubber it gets a little easier. I would also use a product called right stuff get it a napa same product seadoo uses for there gasket sealing great stuff.

Ellie,
    I used 2 small screwdrivers tp pry the pieces out, then used a bench grinder to grind the silicone off of the pieces. Didn't take long till they were ready to put back in with new 4200.

Yea I was out there just now with the wire wheel till I noticed my neighbor's outside light was on and he was looking out the door so I shut it down till in the morning. It was coming off with no problem. But I got to told you one thing, I ain't going to use no more 4200 again, me and that stuff just not get along to good.
    I seen right stuff at the parts store but didn't know it was that good. Will try it this time
    BTW, I am glad I am the only stupid SOB who can't seal a shoe and it eats up on the rideplate.

+1
    You didn't use enough. You should have had a lot of squeeze-out. Use the silicone if you liked it. I have used it and it works good.

hey ed ive used 4200 with no problem but the next time im using the right stuff also how is kirk doing tell him i wanna ride that bike bro gimme them keys kirk

Quote Originally Posted by spud
    You didn't use enough. You should have had a lot of squeeze-out. Use the silicone if you liked it. I have used it and it works good.
    I though I has put enough but it looks like I cut it short. Not that I didn't have enough on hand I buy it by the tube and use a caulking gun. When I redo it, it will enough this time, maybe a lil more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by benny
    hey ed ive used 4200 with no problem but the next time im using the right stuff also how is kirk doing tell him i wanna ride that bike bro gimme them keys kirk
    Like I said I just don't get along with the 4200. I tried it on my Kawaski and it just didn't hold. Kirk is doing alright. I should be fishing with him this week end and I will tell him you wanna ride that bike.

Thread Information