Thread: Busted RXT-X tunnel
05-05-2009, 06:30 AM #1
Busted RXT-X tunnel
Went out on my friends RXT-X yesterday and the ski nearly sank. I ran it up on the beach before it did. Did not hit anything, just a hard hole shot then boom!
When we got it on the trailer we fouind that the tunnel had cracked up and busted right through the hull leaving a 3x3inch hole where the shoe meets the grate. Fiberglass & Gelcoat was inside the hull.
Has anyone seen this before? Update: Pics just added 5/9/09.
Last edited by Antiguan FZR; 05-09-2009 at 08:38 AM.
05-05-2009, 06:41 AM #2
Well, it sounds like the hole was not caused by any of the following as outlined in the Owners Guide:
The following are not warranted under any circumstances:
– Normal wear and tear;
– Routine maintenance items, tune ups, adjustments;
– Damage caused by failure to provide proper maintenance and/or storage, as described in the Operator’s Guide;
– Damage resulting from removal of parts, improper repairs, service, maintenance, modifications or use of parts not manufactured or approved by BRP or resulting from repairs done by a person that is not an authorized servicing BRP dealer;
– Damage caused by abuse, abnormal use, neglect, or operation of the product in amanner inconsistentwith the recommended operation described in the Operator’s Guide;
– Damage resulting from accident, submersion, fire, theft, vandalismor any act of God;
– Operation with fuels, oils or lubricants which are not suitable for use with the product (see the Operator’s Guide);
– Water damages caused by water ingestion;
– Damages related to gel coat finish including but not limited to cosmetic gel coat finish, blisters or fiberglass delamination caused by blisters, crazing, spider or hairline cracks; and
– Incidental or consequential damages, or damages of any kind including without limitation towing, storage, telephone, rental, taxi, inconvenience, insurance coverage, loan payments, loss of time, loss of income.
I think the closest cause could be "Act of God" or maybe it was just shoddy workmanship by the company that made the hulls for BRP. I wonder how many more bad hulls will surface (or maybe sink)?... Ron
05-05-2009, 06:56 AM #3
I have seen this before on the RXT-X. WHen they fixed it they re enforced the tunnel with carbon fiber.
05-05-2009, 07:26 AM #4
05-05-2009, 07:38 AM #5
05-05-2009, 07:40 AM #6
05-05-2009, 10:01 AM #7
My friend just got his back from this same repair. Dealer tried to reject it as warranty work because we had installed a R&D grate. He reconsidered and all is good now... unless his wife's X decides to explode also.
05-05-2009, 10:27 AM #8
05-05-2009, 10:33 AM #9
05-05-2009, 10:34 AM #10
I just wonder WTH you guys are doing to these X's to cause this Im sure a bit of cracking might be defect but total destruction? Do you ever 'hard' beach the ski? i/e. instead of anchoring it, run the thing right up onto the beach? that must be hard on the hull.. i see people do it all the time... reason I ask is because I ride/jump the sh*t out of my TX but it never touches sand or the shore.. and my pump tunnel is immaculate (and the bottom of the hull for that matter)
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By XRIDER in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 23Last Post: 05-02-2010, 07:31 PM
By iflyems in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 9Last Post: 12-03-2009, 01:13 PM
By ZX11 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 10-01-2009, 05:20 PM
By Pooper_Scooper in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 8Last Post: 06-20-2009, 05:25 AM
By mstennes in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 2Last Post: 05-12-2009, 09:24 AM