Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Busted RXT-X tunnel

Went out on my friends RXT-X yesterday and the ski nearly sank. I ran it up on the beach before it did. Did not hit anything, just a hard hole shot then boom!

When we got it on the trailer we fouind that the tunnel had cracked up and busted right through the hull leaving a 3x3inch hole where the shoe meets the grate. Fiberglass & Gelcoat was inside the hull.

Has anyone seen this before? Update: Pics just added 5/9/09.
    Last edited by Antiguan FZR; 05-09-2009 at 08:38 AM.

Well, it sounds like the hole was not caused by any of the following as outlined in the Owners Guide:
    3. EXCLUSIONS
    The following are not warranted under any circumstances:
    – Normal wear and tear;
    – Routine maintenance items, tune ups, adjustments;
    – Damage caused by failure to provide proper maintenance and/or storage, as described in the Operator’s Guide;

– Damage resulting from removal of parts, improper repairs, service, maintenance, modifications or use of parts not manufactured or approved by BRP or resulting from repairs done by a person that is not an authorized servicing BRP dealer;
    – Damage caused by abuse, abnormal use, neglect, or operation of the product in amanner inconsistentwith the recommended operation described in the Operator’s Guide;
    – Damage resulting from accident, submersion, fire, theft, vandalismor any act of God;
    – Operation with fuels, oils or lubricants which are not suitable for use with the product (see the Operator’s Guide);
    – Water damages caused by water ingestion;
    – Damages related to gel coat finish including but not limited to cosmetic gel coat finish, blisters or fiberglass delamination caused by blisters, crazing, spider or hairline cracks; and
    – Incidental or consequential damages, or damages of any kind including without limitation towing, storage, telephone, rental, taxi, inconvenience, insurance coverage, loan payments, loss of time, loss of income.

I think the closest cause could be "Act of God" or maybe it was just shoddy workmanship by the company that made the hulls for BRP. I wonder how many more bad hulls will surface (or maybe sink)?... Ron

+1
    I have seen this before on the RXT-X. WHen they fixed it they re enforced the tunnel with carbon fiber.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    I have seen this before on the RXT-X. WHen they fixed it they re enforced the tunnel with carbon fiber.

can u please tell me where are peeps getting the carbon fiber and the resin to perform this mod.......thanks in advance for the help!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    can u please tell me where are peeps getting the carbon fiber and the resin to perform this mod.......thanks in advance for the help!
    http://www.uscomposites.com/index.html

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    thanks SUPA D.....i been pondering doing my X hull tunnel right out of the gate so im NOT experiencing this later down the road........appreciate the information as always............ thanks again!

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    My friend just got his back from this same repair. Dealer tried to reject it as warranty work because we had installed a R&D grate. He reconsidered and all is good now... unless his wife's X decides to explode also.

+1
    This was done by a local shop here. The ski was at my friends shop so I saw it and the repair work looked awesome!!

+1
    west marine

I just wonder WTH you guys are doing to these X's to cause this Im sure a bit of cracking might be defect but total destruction? Do you ever 'hard' beach the ski? i/e. instead of anchoring it, run the thing right up onto the beach? that must be hard on the hull.. i see people do it all the time... reason I ask is because I ride/jump the sh*t out of my TX but it never touches sand or the shore.. and my pump tunnel is immaculate (and the bottom of the hull for that matter)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information