06 GP 1300r Fuel rail removal from F/A

I'm in the process of installing D-plate and Riva race filter to my 06' (this forum is an awesome resource and I thank you very much...). The d-plate was pretty easy, but I gotta tell ya, the F/A body is a royal pain... . I finally got access to all clamps, etc., but for the life of me can't figure out how to remove the fuel rail from the underside of the plastic F/A case/body so I can install the race filter?

Does it just pop off somehow?

Jimbob

PS, sorry i posted this earlier in the wrong section (Kawasaki)

+1
    just done one a hour ago,gently pry them apart,careful where you pry once all the clamps loose

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcgreehan View Post
    I'm in the process of installing D-plate and Riva race filter to my 06' (this forum is an awesome resource and I thank you very much...). The d-plate was pretty easy, but I gotta tell ya, the F/A body is a royal pain... . I finally got access to all clamps, etc., but for the life of me can't figure out how to remove the fuel rail from the underside of the plastic F/A case/body so I can install the race filter?

Does it just pop off somehow?

Jimbob

PS, sorry i posted this earlier in the wrong section (Kawasaki)

hey make sure you get all those clamps very very loose, it will help them move around better. I sometimes have trouble with hoses/clamps when i think they're loose they are not loose enough to give the proper stretch to the rubber. the rubber expands when you are pulling it out, therefore making the clamp tighter than you think it is.

Thank you for the quick replies..., I'll try tonight. Sounds like what ya'll are saying is that they just pop-off from the molded indents in the F/A (?). I read somewhere's else that you had to remove the (6 total) bolts from the actual flame arrestors (screen cups), but I'm guessing that's wrong.

A related F/A question, does the 06 have the "Intake air temperature sensor"?..I didn't notice it when I removed part of the F/A last night. I have the hole in the Riva race filter that I'll need to do something with.... .

Jimbob

Thread Information