Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool maintenance help/spray lube

What is the best spray lube to use after riding a ski on salt water? I am currently using regular WD-40 but a friend told me that it could harm some rubber parts! any suggestions? also, when i spray i usually only spray the nuts and bolts that i can reach, should i spray all over the engine even where i see electrical parts? please let me know what is the correct routine after a ride at the beach?

+1
    I bought a shitload of silicone spray from Wally World. Not sure it helps, though, as I still get some light surface rust on bolt heads. WD40 is flammable, so I'm not sure I would spray that on my engine.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Lots of threads discussing this.

Search for Fluid Film, should find the info you need.

WD-40 is probably not what you want to be using

+1
    There are a lot of good products out there that will do what your looking for. However, I have been using WD on my skis for several years. I used WD on my dirtbikes long before that. My old man used WD on everything he built for us to ride when we were little tikes...
    Bottom line is that it works and it's cheap...

+1
    I use Fluid Film and like it.

Thumbs up

thanks to all.

i will try the fluid film that is made by bel ray ;Bel Ray 6-in-1 Multi-purpose Lube
    MC-22 , apparently it leaves a high film strength and cleans as it lubricates.
    I will let you know in a few days.

+1
    If you do a search for Fluid Film, you can get a free sample. I did and I'm hooked!!

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcruiser View Post
    What is the best spray lube to use after riding a ski on salt water? I am currently using regular WD-40 but a friend told me that it could harm some rubber parts! any suggestions? also, when i spray i usually only spray the nuts and bolts that i can reach, should i spray all over the engine even where i see electrical parts? please let me know what is the correct routine after a ride at the beach?
    The answer is Fluid Film. It's made in South San Francisco (the industrial city) Area since 1942 by the same company (Eureka Chemical Company). Their customer base has primarily been the Military, Aerospace companies, Manufacturers, and Oil refineries/drill rigs. The exact same solvent free formulation is now marketed and made available to consumers and is growing. Fluid Film is unique in that it contains no solvent to evaporate making the contents completely useable and is exceptional for BOTH long lasting general purpose lubication and corrosion prevention. Many products can only do one task for a short period and marginal.

Try some and see for yourself. Send a PM with a kind request and your physical shipping address (as it is sent UPS) to "Dano50" or "joyoffluidfilm" to get a free sample if you have never requested a sample before. Dan and Joy work for the MFG. They, with no obligation, bet the cost of a 2.25oz can and shipping that you will be impressed with the product performance and become a customer like so many here have.

If you own, manage, or would like to make Fluid Film available to your customers in your retail store, dealership, or are an industrial business user, contact me since Eureka does not sell direct any longer.

Also, one of these days, our website will be up that will have retail sales for rural or folks that prefer to shop online, and in effort to promote the product to the general public. Since Jerry can't carry it for you in the 4 tec store, we'll extend a nice discount to GH members using the same code you use to order from 4 tec.

PS - On my ski, i replace dielectric grease on electrical connections with fluid film as it does not get tacky and is thixotropic (ie;thickens when it sits inside a electrical connector). Dust and any dirt will rinse right off. Try it on your bicycle chain and kick some dirt/mud on it, ride it around a bit, rinse, and see what I mean.

+1
    I think I still have the first can of WD-40 I bought about 30 years ago. I hate that crap!

Fluid Film!!!

Talking

thanks to all! will try the fluid film asap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information