Thread: Houston weather

+1

Houston weather

I am right down the road but have not gotten the rain you guys have. How is it going, skiing in the streets yet?
    Have any of you heard of any Airport closures? My daughter is supposed to be coming into Bush tonight from Miami and I am kind of worried that she may get sent somewhere else. Of course I left all her flight info @ home so I can not get anything from the airlines.

+1
    I have heard reports that 225 and 288 are shut down due to high water. I do know the entire east side and south east Houston are flooded (receeding now). Not too bad in SW Houston.

I got to work this AM and the roof leaked overnight causing the celing in our lobby to hit the floor and flooded the lobby. Also one of our drive on lifts sprung an air leak and was inop.

Nice way to start the week!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO

I got to work this AM and the roof leaked overnight causing the celing in our lobby to hit the floor and flooded the lobby. Also one of our drive on lifts sprung an air leak and was inop.

Nice way to start the week!!!
    Crap! I'm sure your words were a little less politically correct.

My daughter is not due in until later tonight, so hopefully the water will be gone by then.

+1
    I just heard Hobby is delaying flights (10 inches of rain since last night)The rain has stopped for now. Bush is clear from what I hear. The water runs off pretty quick round here.

Crap! I'm sure your words were a little less politically correct.
    The owner was here before me. He took care of all the cussing, screaming, hollering, and throwing things across the parking lot!!!

Kirk my wife left for Orlando this morning, the flights are on schedule at Intercontinental so far.........as for the roads, 225 was BAD!!! this morning, I saw 2 /3 feet of water under an over pass , 2 vehicles stranded in there, that is why i am always glad for a tall truck........I often help out people in smaller cars that get flooded, the 225 road was shut down, and is still shut down,SHELL.had a sphere collapse and it contained Benzene.they put foam on it but some still got out, there is a shelter in place order for Deer Park, which is directly in the wind from it,one of my workers here lives there and is a little worried.I have to find another route home.............

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLRAIDER
    Kirk my wife left for Orlando this morning, the flights are on schedule at Intercontinental so far.........as for the roads, 225 was BAD!!! this morning, I saw 2 /3 feet of water under an over pass , 2 vehicles stranded in there, that is why i am always glad for a tall truck........I often help out people in smaller cars that get flooded, the 225 road was shut down, and is still shut down,SHELL.had a sphere collapse and it contained Benzene.they put foam on it but some still got out, there is a shelter in place order for Deer Park, which is directly in the wind from it,one of my workers here lives there and is a little worried.I have to find another route home.............
    That must be why Perry called out the gaurds. Be careful man.
    I have to go to Katy tomorrow, how does it look that way? I heard parts of I-10 were shut down. If it is true, hopefully it will be opened by tomorrow morning.

+1
    I just read where the NWS is saying that it is possible that Houston will be getting more rain tonight.
    I have to be in Katy tomorrow morning. Does I-10 through Houston flood?

yes in some parts..the weather here is now raining.it is 6:00 am, the water has gone down through most parts of the city even the bayous are back in there banks, but it wont take much to spill them over again..........I am listening to the radio to check for closures, but i think it is clear to Katy. man I would dread that drive.........and I live here.....that has got to be one of our busiest roads......be safe.I just heard the radio, and it is clear to katy this morning so far, it is only light raining,

7:30 update.wreck on the inbound side of Katy IH-10 near the loop, traffic is stopped all the way back to SILBER, that is a long way, but the outgoing side is still clear, heavy rain is expected for the rest of the morning over there. There is a wreck on the Baytown IH-10 inbound side right now. It is a mess.call me at work if you need to, check your private messages for the number

Thread Information