Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573

    SHO Cavitation Holeshot after mods..:(

    SHO Holeshot cavitatiob after mods............4 hits into the rev limiter,,,,,,,,,I can get it down to 3 with feathering the throttle....WTF!!!!!!!!! Why the heck aren't we going bigger on the opening pitch of our props to give em more bite? What....an 1800cc motor pushing 8 lbs of boost doesn't have the torque/power to spin an addl 1mm on the opening edge? WTF?? I have a 13/24....I'm thinking of going 14/23.........




    on the way back...once she's moving....sounds good...no limiter up top



  2. #2
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    That's all LOL I started leaping (again) out of the water 3 times today on holeshot. That and the porpoising that I haven't seen in 2 months is back!!!
    I was already going to a 14/25 so all's good.

  3. #3
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    That's all LOL I started leaping (again) out of the water 3 times today on holeshot. That and the porpoising that I haven't seen in 2 months is back!!!
    I was already going to a 14/25 so all's good.
    Thats what i'm talking about........enough of this trailing edge cr-p on the impeller.......time to see how much bite these props can take during holeshot whilst still maintaing rpm/top speed!!!!!

    and this means you ERic with the conversion...if the experts say go 14/24 even though ur at 7400 rpm...do it. I say 14/25 to get rpm up to 7750...

    and go get ur PET tach!!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    and this means you ERic with the conversion...if the experts say go 14/24 even though ur at 7400 rpm...do it. I say 14/25 to get rpm up to 7750...
    On the conversion I am running around 7400 rpm with the 13/25 skat. The experts are telling me to go to 14/22 or 14/23.

  5. #5
    cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    +1
    176
    is everything that can be sealed on the pump sealed? PPK? Wear ring clearance?

    adding pitch to the leading edge will drop rpm up top, so check the easy stuff before you mess with the prop.

  6. #6
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,339
    +1
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    On the conversion I am running around 7400 rpm with the 13/25 skat. The experts are telling me to go to 14/22 or 14/23.
    Yeah, that sounds right. You certainly dont want to bring the trailing edge up if you want your R's to go up. Rip just got it backwards.

  7. #7
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Rip, did you ever get rid of your porpoising issue?

  8. #8
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,805
    +1
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    On the conversion I am running around 7400 rpm with the 13/25 skat. The experts are telling me to go to 14/22 or 14/23.
    Sounds about right to me, but I'd try 14/23 first before taking any more out of the trailing edge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    Thats what i'm talking about........enough of this trailing edge cr-p on the impeller.......time to see how much bite these props can take during holeshot whilst still maintaing rpm/top speed!!!!!

    and this means you ERic with the conversion...if the experts say go 14/24 even though ur at 7400 rpm...do it. I say 14/25 to get rpm up to 7750...

    and go get ur PET tach!!
    Addicted is right. There are some other things you can look into in addition to repitching. Once you have the tunnel reinforced it will be safe to use the R&D pump cone...it made a big difference on mine. Even though I have the PPK, when I reinstall my grate/shoe after doing the reinforcement I am going to seal it better this time. I will have the C1 & 13/24 in by next week & we can compare notes since our skis will be making similar power on the holeshot.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    Pump is all sealed up. I am going to start with 14/23.

  10. #10
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Rip, did you ever get rid of your porpoising issue?
    nope....still doing my flipper/GPRyan/headbanger imitation while riding......

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 vxs cavitating after mods!!! Please help
    By randhellg in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-18-2015, 03:30 PM
  2. SHO hop after mods
    By superair in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 06:03 AM
  3. 04 GPR hesitates at holeshot after D plate + other minor mods
    By djzlatko in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 06:17 AM
  4. Cause of XL1200L Cavitation probs after mods?
    By snowrunner in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 08:09 PM
  5. '03 1300R slower after mods, ideas?
    By NateGP1300R in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •