Exclamation Question and/or Concern...

So... I just had my 2007 seadoo RXP 215 spring serviced today. They changed the oil & filter, threw in a new Odyssey battery, hooked it up to the computer, all that good stuff.

Upon picking it up, the lady told me that the oil they use now is a "BRP blend oil" which is a semi-synthetic blend with other additives. I told her I know specifically these seadoo's require BRP mineral oil as it states in the owners manual...
    She told me she is aware of that, but now "they" (which i'm assuming seadoo) are using a semi-synthetic blend oil on these skis which isn't a full synthethic and also isn't strictly just a mineral base oil.

The oil quart I have in front of me that they used is XPS brand and says "Synthetic Blend Oil / Semi - Synthetic, Summer grade, recommended for sea-doo watercraft.

So my question is, should I feel safe and secure with this information and oil change?? Or should I be worried?
    Hope to hear back, thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PieManMighty View Post
    So... I just had my 2007 seadoo RXP 215 spring serviced today. They changed the oil & filter, threw in a new Odyssey battery, hooked it up to the computer, all that good stuff.

Upon picking it up, the lady told me that the oil they use now is a "BRP blend oil" which is a semi-synthetic blend with other additives. I told her I know specifically these seadoo's require BRP mineral oil as it states in the owners manual...
    She told me she is aware of that, but now "they" (which i'm assuming seadoo) are using a semi-synthetic blend oil on these skis which isn't a full synthethic and also isn't strictly just a mineral base oil.

The oil quart I have in front of me that they used is XPS brand and says "Synthetic Blend Oil / Semi - Synthetic, Summer grade, recommended for sea-doo watercraft.

So my question is, should I feel safe and secure with this information and oil change?? Or should I be worried?
    Hope to hear back, thanks.
    Sea-Doo says that their semi synthetic oil is safe for the superchargers. You just do not want to use their old full synthetic oil in that engine.

so....

after calling up the dealer who did my servicing, and explaining my concerns with the oil type... the sales rep put me on with the shop foreman service guy, who explained further in depth the new processes for 2009.

Apparently people seemed to get confused previously of what type of oil to put in his/her ski, so Seadoo in an attempt to make things easier, will now be only using two types of oil in all their ski's when servicing. 100% synthetic (yellow bottle), and a semi-synthetic blend (black bottle) like the one I explained above. The semi-synthetic blend will be a 25% synthetic blended with 75% mineral oil, which will work fine with the supercharged engines. He also explained that if he tried he wouldn't even be able to order the old 10-40 mineral oil because they switched over to this new synthetic blend.

I guess this answered my question

Thread Information