Thread: purchase advise

kingston, ontario

purchase advise

Hi everyone, well I'm a former pwc owner (polaris) and I'm looking to buy a new ski 2009 model year. I was considering the new yamaha fzr however I'm now also looking at a 2009 sea-doo rxp 215. Any opinions about these two skis and how they compare would be appreciated. I'm still leaning towards the yamaha but the sea-doo rxp is $1500 cheaper so this may influence my decision. Any thoughts? Btw I'm a newbie so be easy on me!

well it depends on what you want to use the ski for , perhaps you can list in this thread what you intend on using it for and then we can help you highlight how both ski models meet or do not meet your criteria.

ps: welcome to the board.

kingston, ontario
    thanks for the reply, I guess first off I'm not to concerned about top speed for now, I think both machines are pretty close in that department anyways, now acceleration along with handling are a little bit more important to me. the machine will be in mostly calm waters however I will be riding in lake Ontario every now and then also so the ski will be exposed to some choppy water say 1 to 2 foot waves. Not planning on racing (maybe just the odd drag race) or making future mods to either one. I'm also wondering if the extra cost of the yamaha is worth it. Hope this extra bit of info helps. Thanks for the welcome
    Last edited by ddg; 05-06-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: added more info

Thread Information