Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My new project

My new project

I recently sold my GP800, but I am back in the game with this new POS. I got it after I fixed my boss' Polaris. It's an '88 650SX. Basically paid $350 for it.

Exterior is OK, but needs some work and some new paint. Engine bay is clean (for a 20+ y/o ski) and not running at the moment. I need to replace all fel lines and clean the tank out first.

Here are some pics. I am gathering up parts now. Here's what I have planned:

- 44mm carb with ported intake and exhaust.
    - removing the stock waterbox and replacing with straight pipe.
    - intake grate
    - ride plate
    - exhaust pipe
    - bilge pump
    - all new mats and pads.

I got a line on the parts, but nothing in my hands yet. Hopefully I can get her modded up soon and learn how to ride it over the summer and fall.
    Then this winter I'll do some bodywork and some painting.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1510.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	130103   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1508.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	130104   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1507.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	130105  

+1
    Not running?

Compression?

This motor is about bullet proof.. Clean the carb and replace the lines. Block the oiler and run premix

Lol I got one of those. Then I decided I was getting too old to get beat up on a standup. I have decided to part mine out . I have a brand new shredmaster combo plate and grate if your interested in it let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    Lol I got one of those. Then I decided I was getting too old to get beat up on a standup. I have decided to part mine out . I have a brand new shredmaster combo plate and grate if your interested in it let me know.
    Sure I'm interested in a bunch of parts. Email me pics of what you got please.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by seaobin View Post
    Not running?

Compression?

This motor is about bullet proof.. Clean the carb and replace the lines. Block the oiler and run premix
    I just picked it up Monday eve and haven't looked into much. Based on the previous ski I fixed for my boss, it is definitely carb and fuel system rebuild and replace time.

I will get a new carb, clean the gas tank, and replace the fuel lines/pump, plugs and such and see where she goes from there.

I have a block-off plate on the way so it will be premix only like my other skis.

Quote Originally Posted by qbzonk View Post
    I recently sold my GP800, but I am back in the game with this new POS. I got it after I fixed my boss' Polaris. It's an '88 650SX. Basically paid $350 for it.

Exterior is OK, but needs some work and some new paint. Engine bay is clean (for a 20+ y/o ski) and not running at the moment. I need to replace all fel lines and clean the tank out first.

Here are some pics. I am gathering up parts now. Here's what I have planned:

- 44mm carb with ported intake and exhaust.
    - removing the stock waterbox and replacing with straight pipe.
    - intake grate
    - ride plate
    - exhaust pipe
    - bilge pump
    - all new mats and pads.

I got a line on the parts, but nothing in my hands yet. Hopefully I can get her modded up soon and learn how to ride it over the summer and fall.
    Then this winter I'll do some bodywork and some painting.

Any suggestions?

what do you think will help my 550 to 650 sx conversion ski run better... im getting a coffy pipe and i have the option of either this westcoast waterbox

Photobucket

orrrrrrrrrrr this jetcraft performance pipe:

Photobucket

I'm probably not the guy to ask being that this is my first stand up. I would get some more input from some of the other guys first. I know we were going to remove the waterbox and go with an aftermarket pipe. I have something else in the works at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by qbzonk View Post
    I'm probably not the guy to ask being that this is my first stand up. I would get some more input from some of the other guys first. I know we were going to remove the waterbox and go with an aftermarket pipe. I have something else in the works at the moment.

haha alright... will do thanks anyway!

hey man i have the EXACT same jet ski as you. same year and decals n everything. i just got done doing a bunch of cosmetic work on mine. no extra parts sorry... but if you have any questions ask away! so far i've re-padded everything. layed new turf. painted the front and back bumper. (with krylon plastic paint) looks brand new!!! i also took my decals off. was a lot of work but i figured out the trick! use heat gun to take it off, use a dry rag to get the glue off, it will just crumple compared to using a product on it. then use adhesive remover to get the smeared glue off, then use paint thinner to merge the fading. but make sure you clean the paint thinner off before its too late! hope this was helpful to your future project. let me know if u have any other Q's

i got some extra parts... if you need a head or manifolds ooor UPGRADED Intake Grates.. i got some new or slightly used ones... i know i have one new intake grate.... let me know... ill see what other parts i got.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information