Thread: OPAS block off

OPAS block off

Riva has many kits available. The pro series is $335 while the performance one is only $100. why such a big difference and what is the big difference in terms of performance between these two? I want something that will add top end and increase handling but i prefer buying the cheaper one. Any input is appreciated about what everyone runs. thanks

I guess there are some new blockoffs coming out. They look great. Never used block offs so someone else will have to chime in.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90468

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by braaapf7 View Post
    Riva has many kits available. The pro series is $335 while the performance one is only $100. why such a big difference and what is the big difference in terms of performance between these two? I want something that will add top end and increase handling but i prefer buying the cheaper one. Any input is appreciated about what everyone runs. thanks
    The pro is the ONLY way to go!!! The performance is only a the kit to remove your OPAS... the pro actually fills the void in your hull from removing your OPAS and prevents your ski from bouncing at high speeds..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    The pro is the ONLY way to go!!! The performance is only a the kit to remove your OPAS... the pro actually fills the void in your hull from removing your OPAS and prevents your ski from bouncing at high speeds..
    +1

I have run the cheap block offs... They suck. Porpoised all over the place...

Don't go cheap on this... Go for the Riva Pro ones, or try to find a set of RE's or XBO's used. They are the only way to go...

You will not be happy with the cheap riva ones as soon as you break 72MPH... that's when you start bouncing....

thanks for the info. what is the RE or XBO?

Quote Originally Posted by 04RXP22 View Post
    I have run the cheap block offs... They suck. Porpoised all over the place...

Don't go cheap on this... Go for the Riva Pro ones, or try to find a set of RE's or XBO's used. They are the only way to go...

You will not be happy with the cheap riva ones as soon as you break 72MPH... that's when you start bouncing....

Quote Originally Posted by braaapf7 View Post
    thanks for the info. what is the RE or XBO?
    RE is Race Engineering... Jerry was selling them in the store, but I don't know if they are still making them or not.

And XBO is a RE knock off that a member was selling on here. He didn't make too many of them.

Thread Information