Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Speakers on a RXP

I have been reading a lot of post on speakers and know the rxp does not have much room up front as the rxt's so options are limited. I have been looking at a small marine amp to mount under the larger storage bin ( near the battery ) where that gap is in the foam near the nose of the ski. Here is the amp http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...fAudioQ5fVideo

Then I read of one amp that runs on 6 AA batteries, it seems like a better option but I cant find it anywhere. Also looked at kits for a motorcycle but the amp outputs to the speakers are RCA plugs and im wanting to use some 4 inch marine speakers with standard wire hook-ups. Anyone have ideas on the best amp that I can run a MP3 player off of??? I dont want to be draining my ski's battery but want something loud

I wonder how long 6AA's will last, I'm not a stero guru or anything but I would imagine that it would drain them pretty quick. If all your wanting to do is run an MP3 player, would there be anyway to just run the amp and 2 speakers and not need a head unit?? Unless of course that is what you were already planning on. I would love to do this as well as long as the cost is right.
    -david

Where do the speakers go?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    I have been reading a lot of post on speakers and know the rxp does not have much room up front as the rxt's so options are limited. I have been looking at a small marine amp to mount under the larger storage bin ( near the battery ) where that gap is in the foam near the nose of the ski. Here is the amp http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...fAudioQ5fVideo

Then I read of one amp that runs on 6 AA batteries, it seems like a better option but I cant find it anywhere. Also looked at kits for a motorcycle but the amp outputs to the speakers are RCA plugs and im wanting to use some 4 inch marine speakers with standard wire hook-ups. Anyone have ideas on the best amp that I can run a MP3 player off of??? I dont want to be draining my ski's battery but want something loud

I managed to find a PWC tunes system for my ski.. its pretty awesome! only draws about 1 amp at max volume so it could go for hours without draining a good battery. plus you can take it off anytime you want. (it straps onto the front of the seat). If I were you I would make somehting like this.. you camn get really small kenwood marine amps 200W, then put two 100W 5.25 " speakers on each side. Ill try to take a pic of it and post it. That way u can remove it and not have to drill into fiberglass. It connects to a waterproof mp3 player so you can change tunes while riding

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa85 View Post
    Where do the speakers go?

Some of the small amps have a jack for a mp3 player so you dont need a head unit, only problem is the output wires on these are rca cables and not peaker wire which im wanting.

I was thinking of getting black speakers and putting one on each side of the black plastic cowling kinda under or near the grab handle. They would almost look like Flo-Rites.

+1
    think im going to try this amp, here are the specs on it. Then i can hook up 2 speakers and a mp3 player. Do yall think it will drain the battery too fast?? Power Draw is 2 amps.

Tiny Size ( 4"W x 1.5"H x 2.5"L)
    • 500 Watts
    • 4 ohm stereo stable and 2 ohm mono stable
    • Aluminum Housing
    • Heavy duty heat sink
    • Adjustable Input Levels
    • Vaiable gain control
    • Soft start circuitry
    • Thermal and short protection circuit
    • Low and high level inputs
    • Power Usage - 5 Amps (fuse)
    • Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
    • Signal to Noise Ratio: More than 90 dB
    • Power Draw - 2 Amps
    • Designed for 4 ohm systems or run in parallel for 8 ohm systems

+1
    well i ordered it, it will be interesting to see how this sounds. I got 2 3.5 inch waterproof speaks too. Im thinking about mounting them here, what do yall think?? Not my ski btw but didnt have a pic on my laptop.

Im still worried about draining the battery, any thoughts??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	130340  

I usually see them mounted up by the foot wells, like above the foremost mat. I even seen a dealer at a boat show with speakers installed up there. If you mount them in the back I don't know if you will be able to hear them while riding.

+1
    well, I really dont like the look of the ones cut into the hull by the feet but know thats more where they can be heard. I think this will be more for idling around and just floating on the lake so it should be ok. I really dont want to cut into the hull at all. I may put 2 tweeters up by the mirrors but have not decided on that yet.

Here's mine back then 2 rear speakers under the rear grab handle and 1 on top front foot well. zoom in so you can see. it's hard to see them 'cause it's black in color too. Chicks dig it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 102.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	130345  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information