Thread: 2003 gp 1300r

2003 gp 1300r

I am looking at a 2003 GP 1300R. What should I look for in it? Any real concerns? It is completely stock with 45 hours on it. What would be a good price? Should I consider something newer without Power Valve? Thanks guys.

Pooner

+1
    I'm not going to claim I'm an expert on PWC --some of these other guys on here can probably help you more, but if the ski is clean, shows no signs of hull damage (or repair; might want to look for new paint), and runs well, consider it because 45hrs is low for a 5yr old ski. As for price, check your local sales adds to get an idea of what they are generally selling for in you area. You will have to do some mods for it to come out of the hole like an '05+, but top end should be close to the same. Also, if possible, take for a test-ride or have a reputable shop check it out.

+1
    I'm a big fan of the 03-04 GP1300R's with the powervalve motor.

The pump shoe bracket recall needs to be done. (the single style brackets on the 03 model rip through the hull with the pump shoe)

You will need to reinforce the pump tunnel (check it from under the ski to see if there are any cracks in the tunnel.)

Wave eater clips and couplers for the PV's

Seal the pump shoe after bracket recall

Aftermarket intake grate is a good safety upgrade, especially if you mod your ski.

Its a strong ski, I love mine. And the mod potential is endless!!! If you search this site and pay attention to detail, the GPR's respond nicely

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    There is a recall on the 2003 that I believe is very important that you have done. it would be done by a dealership at no cost to you. The 2003 is known to have the pump shoe bolts spin out, the recall would involve placing to brackets that hold the fittings in place and don't allow them to spin.

The powervalve motors are known to drop the valves so I would recommend 'waveeater' clips to prevent this. www.waveeaters.com

this thread might help. you can also search for a lot of info on the GPR on this webiste

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ght=GPR+recall

http://greenhulk.net/forums/search.php

Thanks guys. I already own 2 2002 XLT 1200 so I know about skis. I figured the wave eaters would be a smart install. Do these have Cat-Cons? If so should I install the D-plate? Thanks again.

Pooner

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pooner View Post
    Thanks guys. I already own 2 2002 XLT 1200 so I know about skis. I figured the wave eaters would be a smart install. Do these have Cat-Cons? If so should I install the D-plate? Thanks again.

Pooner

yes the catcon is known to fail and cause problems because it will fall down the stinger... dplate is almost as important as the waveeaters.

i have a 2003 gpr 1300r and i have the black dot that you talk about but i still have the single stye pump shoe mounts and they have pulled through my hull and the thing sunk on me, i believe i have all the water out of the engine in starts and runs fine used plenty of fogging oil on it, but i never recieved anything about a recall on this, the only recall i've ever had was on the throttle cable if someone could help i'd appreciate it,
    thanks

+1
    if someone could help i'd appreciate it,
    help with?

Thread Information