Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 15f vs RXP

15f vs RXP

Hey Guys,

Just wondering how you would compare the two, which one is more enjoyable to ride, faster in stock form, and why would you pick one over the other, if you want to know my type of riding mostly recreational, i live in canada and here in the great lakes there is always a little chop rarely glass, but want peoples opinions on both.

Thanks,

Azzo

Banned User
    you can not compare apples and oranges

15f is a ugly looking pwc with a simple engine which is very economic.
    RXP is also not really a beauty but with Supercharger and not really economic.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzo View Post
    Hey Guys,

Just wondering how you would compare the two, which one is more enjoyable to ride, faster in stock form, and why would you pick one over the other, if you want to know my type of riding mostly recreational, i live in canada and here in the great lakes there is always a little chop rarely glass, but want peoples opinions on both.

Thanks,

Azzo

Hi,

The RXP is way faster out of the hole and on top end. The 15F is more agile for the tight in stuff. The RXP handles choppy water better. That being said both can go off shore easily. The RXP will eventually cause more servicing issues.

RT

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rotortiller View Post
    Hi,

The RXP handles choppy water better. That being said both can go off shore easily.
    RT

You sure about that? I beg to differ.

It does in the ocean I ride on, I've beat myself up on the 15F while the RXP seems more comfortable. I personally cannot cruise as fast in a straight line when wave limited. Maybe it's my fat ass but I have to slow down before the RXP. Don't get me wrong I prefer my 15F, it's just the RXP walks all over it in the Atlantic, both accelerating and for top end. My advantage is in the close in dualing and handling. I'm just being honest with myself and still feel I made the right purchasing decision for reasons other than top speed and acceleration. The 15F seems more like a pancake skipping the waves and landing the wrong way-it just doesn't cut through it as sharply as the RXP.

if they were both in chop would the 15f keep up with the rxp?

+1
    Stock for stock? Doubtful. We are talking rider ability and type and size of waves here. Too many variables to answer truthfully.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by thesepaperwings View Post
    You sure about that? I beg to differ.
    I agree

I owned a 07 215rxp

Yes the RXP is faster than a 15F everywhere on glass! BUT

My RXP was the biggest piece of shit on any water bigger than 8'' ( inch ) chop/ripples
    mind you the 15F isnt the greatest in the rough either, But is slightly better in my rides

I rode with guy's on VX cruisers , 15f, Fx160ho,gpr1300, and my bucket of crap RXP was so far behind due to the hull design it wasnt funny.( in ocean rough water)

even had swapped skiies during the same ocean ride and the result was always the same

FX in front, vx ,gpr, 15F, then way back my seapoo

thats my finding anyways
    thats why I sold it after 3months

Waz

i
    If they were both in chop would the 15f keep up with the rxp?
    I couldn't, it was too painful even while standing up in a correct stance. I could just keep up most times but the machine was at it's limit of throwing me off and pulling my arms out of my sockets. Chop is one thing as you can usually go WOT, however being limited to 45mph and below by unpredictable ocean waves is a different matter. Guys above suggest it's riding style etc but being RXP/15F brothers of around the same age and ball size we know each other quite well and swap rides from time to time. Just my experience with stock machines, obviously there is a difference of opinion on the matter. I certainly wouldn't call the RXP a POS, it does the trick. I just don't like dealing with the unscheduled servicing, poor seadoo dealerships, 20 dollar oil filters, high fuel burn, the BUDS and supercharger maintenance.

I wonder what the answers would be if posed in the seadoo section? You could then maybe take an avearge of the two and come out with better accuracy?

RT

Alrightt thanks guys I will do that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information