Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Ultra250XRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    80

    Just Purchased A Leftover 2008 STX-15F

    What mods does everyone recommend? Looking to free mods first. I have tried to search, but mostly seeing Ultra mods. I have seen something about exhaust mod, but no detail.


  2. #2
    Ultra250XRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250XRider View Post
    What mods does everyone recommend? Looking to free mods first. I have tried to search, but mostly seeing Ultra mods. I have seen something about exhaust mod, but no detail.
    Can anyone point me to some threads?

  3. #3
    The exhaust mod is useless without a free flow exhaust, and I'm sorry to tell you but free mods won't do much for you with stock, but if you put on a Riva RPM kit and then do some some free mods to squeeze out some extra top end, that is worth it. If you don't care about handling though, just get the kit without sponsons. Search around greenhulk, people are always selling boltons for cheap even giving them away.

  4. #4
    Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Old Hickory,Tn
    Posts
    5,446
    +1
    650
    R&D Rideplate, Free Flow exhaust, and some type of air intake, with fresh air hull mods will get you to the 65-66 mph area, along with the free mods, IE... trueing the rideplate and the intake grate, cleaning the pump tunnel, and cleaning up the intake grate.....

  5. #5
    madtown_chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    182
    the only free mods I've done was sand my rideplate a little, you could cut center bar from intake grate, remove stickers...they really slow you down , anything else will cost you something...

    R&D rideplate would be my first money mod if I did it over again...there's a few good 15f performance threads, just gotta find them...makes it a bit more difficult now that the 250/260 and 12f/15f are all under same category...the info is out there though

    good luck

  6. #6
    Dubz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by madtown_chris View Post
    there's a few good 15f performance threads, just gotta find them...makes it a bit more difficult now that the 250/260 and 12f/15f are all under same category...the info is out there though

    good luck

    TOTALLY AGREE with you. I'm not sure why the decision to integrate the two was made, but makes it a pain in the ass to search anything.

  7. #7
    YAMAPRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    State of Mississippi
    Posts
    416
    Check my parts available in the classifieds.... I can get that thing moving.....

  8. #8
    Never Fast Enough caymanian rida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    cayman islands
    Posts
    313
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47391
    that should b all you need just read and follow

  9. #9
    Ultra250XRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by madtown_chris View Post
    the only free mods I've done was sand my rideplate a little, you could cut center bar from intake grate, remove stickers...they really slow you down , anything else will cost you something...

    R&D rideplate would be my first money mod if I did it over again...there's a few good 15f performance threads, just gotta find them...makes it a bit more difficult now that the 250/260 and 12f/15f are all under same category...the info is out there though

    good luck
    Thanks for all the help guys. Yes, it's tough to find what you are looking for since they have combined the categories.

  10. #10
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,166
    +1
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250XRider View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys. Yes, it's tough to find what you are looking for since they have combined the categories.
    Don't knock the gods behind the big keyboard

    They know what their doing with this forum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 STX-15F Re-call
    By Big Willy Style in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 11:26 PM
  2. Chip in my Hull: 2008 STX-15F
    By sixtydashone in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 05:39 AM
  3. 2008 STX-15F wiring harness
    By goblin in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 08:53 PM
  4. 2008 STX - 15F Seat Cover?
    By sixtydashone in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 07:42 PM
  5. Just bought a 2008 STX-15F, Service Schedule?
    By mav7 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 12:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •