Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Question Idea...cool or gay.....tell me your thoughts

Been tossing around this idea for some time now.....

What would you think about some "accent lighting" under the Blasters as they are sitting on their bunks?

It would be a "soft blue" as I want it to look like they are floating on water.

Maybe some LEDs routed into the bunks so they just glow and not shine directly on the hulls? If not LEDs, than maybe some sort of fluorescent tube.

Nothing bright, just something that would have a soft glow.

These will be on a black trailer with some polished diamond plate accents and tool box.

Gay.....or cool?

i ordered some lime green LEDs for the same purpose to accent my lime green 15F

The next best thing to a pat on the Back RXTUSMC's Avatar

GAY

Dude that is gay. Hey if you got extra money to just through away you can send it too me. I'd lik to HydroTruf mats and a seat cover.

Its all about the details. Black truck that's chromed out w/ lime green and chrome decal in the back window that says "team green racing". matching lime green and chrome decals on the jetski and trailer. Black and green ski matches the truck, black trailer, and lime green accent lights to tie it together. on did i mention the lime green head cover on jetski? haha

+1
    Thats a good idea, but if the lights are red or blue your going to have problems with cops. Also, you cant ride ski's at night, so whats the point? No one will see the lights during the day.

Its always night when i'm heading home from the ramp, also its usually night when i pull the ski over to my shop to wash/wax/detail ect. also the lights can't be facing backwards. I'm mounting mine along the inside frame rail

+1
    Thanks for the replies.

RXTUSMC, noted, thanks. And thanks for serving!

I did ask, so I am glad to get honest opinions.

HAZE, it is just something to add a little to the "package" My truck has been in some print and web ads for some different products, so this would add to the whole "show thing".

The lights will be on the trailer, not the Blasters. They would also be on a separate switch, so no worries about the Po-Po.

jtskir15f, thanks for your info. Sounds like you get a bored as I do and start "thinking". I have a black truck with polished SS and aluminum theme going on.

take a look at my avatar. i'm in the family trucking business.... and lights, trucks, tinkering w/ stuff, and beer always just seem to go together. haha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NJJer View Post
    Been tossing around this idea for some time now.....

What would you think about some "accent lighting" under the Blasters as they are sitting on their bunks?

It would be a "soft blue" as I want it to look like they are floating on water.

Maybe some LEDs routed into the bunks so they just glow and not shine directly on the hulls? If not LEDs, than maybe some sort of fluorescent tube.

Nothing bright, just something that would have a soft glow.

These will be on a black trailer with some polished diamond plate accents and tool box.

Gay.....or cool?
    I do this to all my ski and boat trailers. It looks very nice at night. I also have a matching blazer that I tow with so it all kind of blends together. Don't worry about blue or red. I know it applies to vehicles but I am pretty sure it does not state trailers. I generally use the rope lighting, it shows the best, but this last trailer I used more a spot light led. I also have a name plate on the back of my trailer and what I used to light it up was those windshield washer led's that you can buy for $5 now and aimed them at my name plate. Everywhere I go people comment about my set up and I have even sold a few of my trailers for double what I have in them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t1.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	130844   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t2.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	130845  

Thumbs up

I think it would be cool if it is done right.Like you said not too much brightness.Just a little touch of bling to add to the total package.

I say go for it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information