+1

x charger v's a-kit-r

What difference is the boost numbers of a x charger to a seadoo centre a-kit-r wheel?
    What is the stock boost of a x charger? I know the seadoo centre a-kit-r impellor is 0.77bar or 11lb boost. Would they be the same??
    Also if you do the ecu for 8400rpm and valve retainers for 8600rpm will the boost numbers increase and by how much??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsta View Post
    What difference is the boost numbers of a x charger to a seadoo centre a-kit-r wheel?
    What is the stock boost of a x charger? I know the seadoo centre a-kit-r impellor is 0.77bar or 11lb boost. Would they be the same??
    Also if you do the ecu for 8400rpm and valve retainers for 8600rpm will the boost numbers increase and by how much??
    The X charger and the A kit R will produce around the same boost but the X charger has a larger diameter wheel. Its 137mm compared to 127mm. The X charger will produce a little more power. If you wana run the X charger then I would go with a ECU mapped for it. Its easyer than going down the regulator route. Good setup would be X charger, ECU + matching injectors, uprated valvetrain, Fizzle XS cooler kit, 4 inch air intake. You will be looking at high 70s with this setup and with good tuning and getting the prop just right should break 80 in flat water. R88

+1
    I thought most people got 9 psi out of the A kit R, with someone occasionally claiming 10. The X charger does 11 or so. All these numbers are at 8100 rpm.

Banned User
    +1
    From what I remember, based on the numbers that use to be posted in the online store about the Riva X upgrade, the rating for the x was 9.8psi @8000, and 11psi @8600...Their spacer kit bumps that to around 11psi/13psi, which puts it right in line with a Rude1...

The A-kit, Greenwheel, and Riva II are practically the same...The X produces slightly more pressure at the same RPM's, but wins in VOLUME pushed. The volume pushed is more desired, requiring better control over fuel.

The boost increases as rpm's increase, thats relative to all chargers. You just need to know what the rpm their stated numbers are at, and where their numbers are claimed (at the SC, and the manifold, etc.)...

The biggest killer of ANY SC is the routing the air charge takes from the exit of the SC to the opening of the intake port.....IC, plumbing, manifold setup....all play a role in maintaining their numbers

+1
    Thanks guys, engineer mike it's not the green wheel that is rated at 10lb, the a-kit-r is 11lb check web at www.seadoocentre.com.au.
    I was going to do b-kit but the full deal charger,injectors,ecu,andnew clutches was $4550 aus, not worth it for a stock rxt!! So my next option is the x charger or the a-kit-r wheel with ecu remap, any more thoughts?

Thread Information