Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How long should a Riva Battery Last??

So I got a Riva Battery off the online store back in febuary in preperation for this season. Hooked it up and put it on a tender for about a week then it was unplugged and has sat up until about 2 weeks ago, took the ski out ran great no problems, took it out yesterday and now I am getting a 12V Low indication with the battery light illuminated as well as a P0562 Code. Tried running the ski hard to charge the battery a little, but no luck, you could tell it the battery was getting weaker and took a split second longer to start. Brought it home put it back on the charger and now it wont charge. So Pretty much the battery lasted me 2 trips to the water. Does Riva have any warranty on them or what should I do?, or am i just out the $120????

-david

+1
    David, Send bubba at Riva an email and he'll get this handled for you. [email protected]

Thanks Jerry, I sent him an email
    -david

Banned User
    I've had my Riva battery for over two years with no problems..You must have got a lemon

Thats what I was expecting I have seen up to 4 seasons with no problems then they changed them just because. I only got about a week and half

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguytki View Post
    Thats what I was expecting I have seen up to 4 seasons with no problems then they changed them just because. I only got about a week and half
    They will make it right

what brand of battery does riva sell?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguytki View Post
    ...Tried running the ski hard to charge the battery a little, but no luck, you could tell it the battery was getting weaker and took a split second longer to start. Brought it home put it back on the charger and now it wont charge...
    You might want to check that the battery charging system in the ski is working properly. Put a multi-meter on the battery posts when you get your new battery installed.

The charging system should deliver about 14.5 volts to the battery while the engine is running. If the charging voltage is much higher than 14.5 volts, it will shorten battery life.

A charging voltage under about 13.5 volts means the battery is not actually being charged while the engine is running.

When you initially used the battery charger back in February, was that charger an automotive charger, or one designed for Gel type PWC batteries?

Many automotive chargers can deliver too much current or voltage for a PWC battery

Ill check the volts tommorow, I have friends comming from out of town and really wanted to go tommorow So I ended up picking one up at the dealership, With the old battery as soon as you fired it up, an single beep would sound and the battery light was on, with the new one I just fired it up in the garage and no beep or light so we will see. It is a Battery Tender Jr. as well.
    -david

2-5 amps maximum charge for a pwc battery. a battery tender will not charge a battery that has less than 4.6v.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information