Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Anyone running RXT Riva Stage 2?

is anyone running strictly a Riva Stage 2 kit in your RXT?...

if not STRICTLY a riva Stage 2, what are you missing, or what do you have extra?

Please post stock GPS numbers if possible, followed by Stage 2 GPS numbers.

thanks.

Shibby
    You have seen my numbers before but I'll post them again.I have the complete Stage 2 kit with the exception of the intercooler,I have the Rotax intercooler plus a couple of other things I have done.I will list all mods at bottom.When my ski was stock I GPSed 64.5. My best GPS with mods is 70.4 with 7 bars of fuel.It should be running 71 to 72 according to Riva. Hopefully the repitch will get me closer.

2005 RXT Mods
    Riva Powercooler Intake
    Vortech SC Impeller
    Rotax Racing Intercooler
    O.P.A.S. block off
    Riva toploader Intake Grate
    SRX-Cd 13\19 trued balanced and polished by Impros
    Prop is back at impros being repitched since I was only turning 7950 RPM's
    Riva Thru Hull exhaust kit
    Moded Water Box
    2 degree wedge
    Dual bearing Pump
    Trued the intake grate
    Plugged holes in ride plate
    Insulated intercooler and the tube going from intercooler to throttlebody

+1
    thank rocketman...

i'm trying to figure out if the Riva kit delivers the 71-72 or not... or more importantly what aspect of the kit is giving the largest gain...

when my ski was new with about 8 hours on it... i beat on it not gonna lie... but GPS speeds were in the 66.4 range... then after 40 hours or so i started only pulling 64ish... i was like ok, it musta been some fluke GPS readings or something, blah blah... so i always said my RXT was a 63-64 mph ski.

well i hit 50 hours.... changed oil, changed spark plugs, new wear ring and detailed her in the garage to give her that "new" feel both mechanically and visibly.

went out riding on the calmest day i've had yet with my RXT.... was about a 2" chop, lol.

went back in forth 4 times in 2 directions.... same speeds each time in the directions...

Was missing one bar of fuel on these runs.... so i had 7 bars (i did these speed runs after being out riding for only 15-20 minutes or so) .. humidty was like 95% today, and air temp was 84 when i was out riding

65.5 mph one way down the stretch everytime...

66.8 mph one way down the other stretch everytime.

so i averaged them to eliminate the current i guess since the tide was beginning to go back out... so GPS speed on my RXT was 66.15 mph

i sure as hell didn't feel like i was moving that fast, but i guess bc i'm used to rought water the calmer water felt slow.... the GPS didn't bounce around or slam around or spike or anything bc i was able to replicate these speeds each time in the given direction.... and it was calm so no porpousing.... and i have the GPS glove box with a GPSMAP 76Color...

i ask about the Riva Stage 2 bc i want to mod my RXT... but want to mod it as little as possible to hit 70.0 mph... so i guess a Stage/Level 1.5 is what i'd be looking for.

+1
    PS... RXT is stock EXCEPT for OPAS is jammed upwards with PVC.... and i have a 2.5 degree wedge... other than those 2 thigns i havent touched a thing.

+1
    Shibby, I don't have the RXT, but my experience is the first couple mph are easy. It's the last 1 or 2 mph you want that give you fits. With this completely unscientific theory, I would say do the stage II. It's harder to do (both physically and financially) but you will be happier that way.

Shibby is it poss. to remove pvc blockers if you wanted to ? Can i get the diam. or dimensions?

+1
    of course ya can remove them...

3/4" PVC piping.... cut 2 pices that are exactly 2 inches long.

then cut a groove lengthwise down each of the 2" pieces about a 1/4"...

hold the OPAS fins up with your hand, and then take your PVC piece and snap it in place on the shaft/bolt or whatever u wannt call it... not each of the paddles is stuck in the up position..

you can remove them jsut by tkaing them back off... Riva sells the same thing for 20 bucks.... i made them myself for less than $1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko
    Shibby, I don't have the RXT, but my experience is the first couple mph are easy. It's the last 1 or 2 mph you want that give you fits. With this completely unscientific theory, I would say do the stage II. It's harder to do (both physically and financially) but you will be happier that way.
    the biggest chunk of coin i was avoiding was an Intercooler.... i mean over 1 grand for that is steep for me for jstu a mph or two...

was thinking Air intake, Vortech SC Impeller, Solas, Wedge, OPAs block offs..... but dunno if that's enough to get me to 70.... but to be completely honest, rediculous acceleration is more important to me...

you know on an RXP if you trim the VTS all the way up.... nail the throttle and she'll leap out of the water?... i would like my RXT to do something like that

even with a new wear ring and good condition prop... it seems is slightly spins out of the hole... it's a VERY heavy machine i know that, but i wanna mod it so it grabs the water and i have torque out of the whole like a muscle car with screeching tires.

What is this new solas R thing ? Is it better for the rxt than the repitched stock.

+1
    the IC is worth every penny, i know it seems like alot of money but all those parts combined will really make it gooo, the IC will help you from the low end to tehtop end, you will have a smootehr running machine and pretty much no heat fade, the midrange power is sick also, i would getit is you can afford it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information