Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Fuse location/help for SLT 750

I think I finally figuered out why I was not getting any MFD display on my SLT750. Bad fuse...

Turns out I don't think there are any fuses in the electrical box. Just the spare. I also had a spare MFD and swaped that out with no change with pointed me to the fuse. I need to do some clean up and replacement of fuses down there. But the ski runs perfect FYI.

I looked up in the manual but can only find a one page diagram on what/where they are located with no written documentation.

Anybody gone through an EDI box on an Fuji 750 engine that could give me some pointers?

I am looking for some better docs to make sure I don't muck something up. Or first hand knowledge would be great.

Most appreciative...

+1
    Yes there is a 1/4amp fuse in the box for the MFD.. The board is marked with wire colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proelecbox.JPG 
Views:	1570 
Size:	624.0 KB 
ID:	130438  

Thanks for the quick response.

So I got that far and this box is very close to mine. The box on the right has the fuses and the only one there was the spare. The manual you posted on-line shows a 3A and a 1/4A fuse but I had a hard time finding where the MFD fuse location is. Is it on the box on the right or do I have to open up something else to get to it?

Thanks again

+1
    It should be like the pic posted the pic posted is a 785 box but the board is the same. Can you snap a pic?? There is not a space for a spare fuse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	750elecbox1.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	130443  

Perfect! Mine is exactly like the second pic. You will notice on the left the slot says spare. That is the only fuse my box had in it but it looked liked it was bowned out etc. so I assume it is bad.

How many should I have in there? Do I get them at Radio Shack I presume?

You are absolutely awesome. Thank you. Are you going to the Midwest Polaris event in Aug? Hope to see you there and say thanks in person.

Awesom... thanks again.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Beerdart is correct. There is no spare fuse.

1/4 amp for the MFD

3 amp should be for the bilge pump.

Elec boards are color coded, there's really no way to mess anything up, unless you place the wrong color on the wrong terminal.

OK. I will look for the bilge marking too. Will buy two 12v fuses with appropriate amperage. Funny thing I never had any water problems with this one and looks as if the bilge was not activated either due to no fuse... Guess that is good to know my hull is solid.

Thanks.

p.s. On the second pic on the far left does it not say spare under the fuse holder? ??

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctek View Post
    ...Will buy two 12v fuses with appropriate amperage.

...On the second pic on the far left does it not say spare under the fuse holder? ??
    Replacement fuses may have glass or ceramic (white) bodies, and of course must be Amp rated correctly;
    MFD uses 0.25 Amp
    Bilge uses 3.0 Amp

The voltage rating on this type of fuse is normally 250 volts, not 12 volts.

Available at automotive supply stores, and electronic repair shops (including Radio Shack). Buy a couple of spares, fuses tend to be inexpensive.

The 'Spare' location is not a spare fuse, but a spare terminal location for optional electrical loads.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    The 1/4 amp is tough to find, but Radio Shack does have them.

You are correct, it does say spare, but is actually for the bilge.

It's not "technically" a spare fuse holder, but a spare location to access 12V when the engine is running.

OK. Got the new fuses from Radio Shack. They had both sized in a pack of 4. Nice to have the spares per K447's comments.
    Looks like the bilge will work out fine. I need to clean things up a bit in there.

The fuse holder for the MFD is completely missing. The red wire to the far left side is intact but the holder and fuse are not there at all. Wondering what happened in there...

So Radio Shack has these fuse holders for $2 that have wire loops that I can use. I was trying to see how the wiring went.

Beerdart - do you happen to have any pics of the wiring hooked up to both the MFD and bilge just to be sure. I can then do the appropriate splicing and get this baby back electronically.

Again, she runs great - just would be nice to have the display.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information