rxp aftermarket exhaust options

Just have been looking around and there seems to be many options. Im not sure what is best for me. Does changing the exhaust with a stage one and SC impeller make a difference? Also what system is the best if i don't want to drill a hole in the back of the seadoo? im kinda thinking i want a cheap effective setup. if there is more airflow in with the riva intake probably a good idea for better flow out right?

+1
    go with rear exhaust- you will love the sound. You also can remove that big resonator box and throw it in the trash. Down the road if you get a external intercooler you will now have room and not have to mess with the exhaust again. Riva intake is ok but you get more airfow doing a Kanaflex system, do a search for it - its a lot cheaper and flows more air. Good Luck

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    If your not considering a thru-hull exhaust... you might as well just leave it stock. Your not going to get any noticeable gains out of an exhaust mod anyway. Most do it for the sound improvement and for the fact it cleans the inside of the hull up nicely for more room and other mods. A new shorter waterbox will also allow you to pull your charger without having to screw around with the stock box being in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    If your not considering a thru-hull exhaust... you might as well just leave it stock. Your not going to get any noticeable gains out of an exhaust mod anyway. Most do it for the sound improvement and for the fact it cleans the inside of the hull up nicely for more room and other mods. A new shorter waterbox will also allow you to pull your charger without having to screw around with the stock box being in the way.
    say i decided to go with the through hull then what is the best option? with this type do you still need a waterbox or does it completely get eliminated?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by braaapf7 View Post
    say i decided to go with the through hull then what is the best option? with this type do you still need a waterbox or does it completely get eliminated?
    There are several options... replace the box, or you can run a thru-hull tube from the factory box. I'm running the riva pro-series box and love it... however they can be a little of a PITA to install

+1
    or you can run straight exhaust out through the rear and never deal with waterbox removal again

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    There are several options... replace the box, or you can run a thru-hull tube from the factory box. I'm running the riva pro-series box and love it... however they can be a little of a PITA to install
    It did fit tight.... But I tell ya what. I got mad enough I cut the flare off my j-pipe. (Which quite a few said to do anyway) Then it actually fit pretty dam good.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
    or you can run straight exhaust out through the rear and never deal with waterbox removal again

what does the waterbox really do? i would rather just go straight out. will i lose too much back pressure? im assuming this method is the loudest. would this be like using the gibson exhaust?

+1
    i may do a shorter box down the road but whichever you go with i think the RUDE exhaust tip looks the best over riva's cuz it adds some bling

Thread Information