Tuning the EFI Control

Hello everyone, my GPR last summer ran great, getting ready to start it up this week and need some help mastering the EFI unit. Take a look at the mods below, I ride in 80 degree temps and at sea level to 20ft above, can any one give me some numbers to try. Right now I have 3416, and the motor seems to be running rich, very oily plugs. Any insight would be helpful?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by njgprider View Post
    Hello everyone, my GPR last summer ran great, getting ready to start it up this week and need some help mastering the EFI unit. Take a look at the mods below, I ride in 80 degree temps and at sea level to 20ft above, can any one give me some numbers to try. Right now I have 3416, and the motor seems to be running rich, very oily plugs. Any insight would be helpful?
    I'm running basically the same mods and I have mine set for now 6616 still gonna do some fine tuning. EFI control setttings are never the same for every ski. I would bring up your low speed and accceleration setting.

+1
    From what I've read, I don't believe the EFI controller adds oil --only fuel, so not sure if this would explain oil on plugs as running rich. Some of the other guys on here I'm sure will be able to point you in the right direction.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 007GPR08 View Post
    From what I've read, I don't believe the EFI controller adds oil --only fuel, so not sure if this would explain oil on plugs as running rich. Some of the other guys on here I'm sure will be able to point you in the right direction.
    With the stock oil the pump the oil is going into the motor at the stock setting. So when you are using an EFI controller you are changing the fuel to oil ratio which can cause the engine to go rich or to lean. This is also another reason to go to premix.

+1
    using another persons e.f.i setting is ok for a guide, read this thread and go out and tune yours to your engine...you will be happy...

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9685

Thanks everyone, I have wanted to go to all premix, and I will do that soon, I'll try those EFI settings, and fine tune as needed.

Thread Information