Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Polaris SLT780

+1

Polaris SLT780

Yeah, I know.
    I have this ski with only 100 hours on it. I used it to push my shuttlecraft which I have now sold. The ski is worthless if I try and sell, motor still runs good so I am keeping it as a beater for the kids.
    I am rebuilding the carbs, going premix, adding a grate, and changing the pump and impellor. I want to wake this up a little and freshen up the looks. I was thinking of repainting the top end of the hull, getting new mats, and recovering the seat.
    I thought of getting the heads milled to give the poor thing a little more power.
    What I need to know is; who could I send the heads to and what impellor would work well. What steps, type paint, and such would be involved in doing a paint job. I have a paint booth here @ work but no experiance with fiberglass.
    Looking for any advice from previous Polaris owners and paint guys so please speak up.

+1
    Kirk, Group K will mill Polaris heads, you might also want to check with hot seat performance. They were pretty big on modifying Polaris back when they were still making them, they may still mess with them. I have a question for you. Don't you think your hard earned money would be better spent on the GPR? For the money you are going to spend on the Polaris, you could gain a few more mph on the GPR. Sorry, I had to mess with you on this one. PWC Today has a pretty good Polaris forum, they can help more than me and you would not get the smart a** comments from people like me over there.

+1
    Oh, I knew I would hear it, figured your type, mine too, could not resist giving me hell over it.
    I know no matter what I do, it will still be a Polaris 780. I don't plan on dropping more than $1K in it. That's why I want to do the paint myself. I just want a little more than stock ride and want it to look better. My daughter has her boaters license so this will be hers. Just trying to make it look and run better so she wont be crying for a GPR. Cheap GPRs are hard to come by. Figured dropping a little on this would be MUCH cheaper than any alternative.

+1
    I guess your right, it will keep her from wanting a GPR. I am looking forward to our next ride. Hey, if your bored this weekend you can come help me in the flower beds.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER
    Hey, if your bored this weekend you can come help me in the flower beds.
    I'll be there around 6:00am.

+1
    hey Kirk try these guys they dont post much but, some good knowledge
    http://www.go-polaris.net/

+1
    Talk to Randy at www.watcon.com and you will get the straight scoop.

There are a few guys in the Polaris section on pwctoday that really DO have some good Polaris knowledge. Ph2o2, comes to mind.

I've been known to have a Polaris or two hanging at the crib.

Re: Polaris SLT780

Quote Originally Posted by kirkF350
    Yeah, I know.
    I have this ski with only 100 hours on it. I used it to push my shuttlecraft which I have now sold. The ski is worthless if I try and sell, motor still runs good so I am keeping it as a beater for the kids.
    I am rebuilding the carbs, going premix, adding a grate, and changing the pump and impellor. I want to wake this up a little and freshen up the looks. I was thinking of repainting the top end of the hull, getting new mats, and recovering the seat.
    I thought of getting the heads milled to give the poor thing a little more power.
    What I need to know is; who could I send the heads to and what impellor would work well. What steps, type paint, and such would be involved in doing a paint job. I have a paint booth here @ work but no experiance with fiberglass.
    Looking for any advice from previous Polaris owners and paint guys so please speak up.
    Pay someone to come and take it off your hands.

+1

Maybe Kim and I could work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkF350

Maybe Kim and I could work something out.
    She is very expensive

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information