Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

just sank my rxp

was just at the lake and my new scat trak seal came apart I know its been talked about before but cant find it what cheep oil can I flush out the system with maybe that I can get at auto zone? Then I can put ams oil back in thanks. this sucks

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by IBADTON View Post
    was just at the lake and my new scat trak seal came apart I know its been talked about before but cant find it what cheep oil can I flush out the system with maybe that I can get at auto zone? Then I can put ams oil back in thanks. this sucks

Just get a cheap mineral oil..

Read this;
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3558

+1
    Dont crank it!

Make sure you get the plugs out.

Buy 3-4 gallons of the cheap oil from walmart... they have the cheapest oil.

Buy a bunch of filters and a few o-rings.

Suck all the oil out of your ski. Put the hose that goes down the dipstick inside each cynlder via the sparkplug hole and suck out all the water you can.

Pull the intercooler out and suck all the water out of the intake manifold.

Pull the waterbox out and get all the water out of your exhaust.

If you have an external IC pull it out drain the water out of it, including the supercharger.

Disconnect the hose going to the fuel rail and get a empty clear water bottle. put the lanyard in so it will pump fuel into the bottle. Let the fuel settle for a minute if you see water in the bottle repeat until no water is left in your fuel tank. Water is very noticeable since it separates from the fuel and sits at the bottom of the bottle.

Now that you got all this stuff done with the plugs out turn the motor over and get as much water out as you can... spray some fogging oil in the motor to help displace the water.

Replace filter, fill with oil, put plugs in, run on hose for a few minutes... since you trashed your seal just pull your driveshaft out, you can run it without 1 in the ski. Let it idle only.

Keep changing the oil and filter until the oil is 100% free of water, make sure to look close.

Replace your setup with the stock carbon ring setup and take the ski back to the lake and run the crap out of it.

If you have more questions just PM me, I just went through what you went through last month.

i sank my T last week 3 inch over the sc because i forgot to tighten the hose clamp on the seal lmao. lucky for me i was just leaving the launch but i didnt have to change oil at all. i pulled the sc,ic,plugs blew it all out with air. pulled the stock ic cover off andried the inside of the intake with paper towels put that sob back togther and fired right up. OIL WAS FINE

+1
    Might have got lucky no water in cylinders intcooler + supercharger full. water was over motor took plugs out and turned over motor and dry oil looks good doubt that it is ! Going 2 get oil only have one filter.

what caused the seal to fail??????

Banned User
    Might have got lucky no water in cylinders intcooler + supercharger full. water was over motor took plugs out and turned over motor and dry oil looks good doubt that it is ! Going 2 get oil only have one filter.
    Just take your time and do it right..No short cuts and you'll be fine.. Make sure you check everything

Oh and Install a bilge!!

+1
    1 500 GPH bilge will not be enough, you need 2 if that seal fails.

+1
    I would get rid of that seal and get a RAD4Racing seal. They are so much better than the skat trak.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    I would get rid of that seal and get a RAD4Racing seal. They are so much better than the skat trak.
    Are they? Please explain..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information