Smile Help Please?need 1100stx DI answer

HOwdy and thanks for reading my question.Is there any reason why you cant use a wiseco flat toped piston in a kawasaki 1100DI engine,I know the OEM come with a relief cut out,but the pictures of aftermarket WSM and Pro-x show just flat topped pistons,like in 1100 zxi.I really dont want to use kawa pistons as I have over 600 two stroke rebuilds under my belt all with wiseco.However the new wiseco website says no pistons made or available when entering stx1100DI engine, or ultra 130.please any kawasaki proffesional shop mechanics know the answer.I for one cannot see why the wiseco without the cut out wont work, as polaris 1200DI has same type injection and runs fine with flat tops,please answer asap THanks So much.(funny part is This is first 1100stx DI ,I have seen around)I live on a 23000 acre lake(lake conroe) lots of yamahas,seadoos,few polaris,but the kawasaki watercraft dealer was also harley davidson dealer,and they really turned off most of new watercraft buyers by not even giving them the time of day)so not many kawas running around.Thanks>Marvin

Marvin, I'm not a COW tech at a dealership, but I have been told that the OMC ficht motors use the "dish" in the piston for cooling purposes. I think that piston crown cooling is important in the presence of "lean burn, highly stratified fuel mixture technology" because you don't get the fuel on the intake charge on the under side of the piston. It kind of makes sense to me to use a similar type of piston in a rebuild, because you can't change the fueling on the ficht. However, if you have had success in switching the polaris to flat top, try it. Andy

Smile

The problem is it has been bored once before and its at 1.0mm over ,thats as large as kawa pistons go.thanks >marvin ps the polaris and other ficht come with factory flat tops

Smile

Wiseco reps say ok, sbt are flat top also,only diff. is in gasket sets.>Marvin

If there is no interfererence problem with the plug tip, try out.

Thread Information