T-X spider cracks???

Yep, after reading all the posts about it, I just checked my tunnel and damn if there are hairline spider cracks on one side.

Just a handfull exist, but what should I expect at this point? The side they are on would be the left if looking at the craft from the rear, so closest to the waterbox.

None exist on the other side which I think is a little wierd. Almost want to speculate prolonged vibratory stress from either the waterbox, or maybe even the supercharger, or both. Just a thought.

Should I bite the bullet, call my dealer, which is very cool might I add, and ask him to remedy with layering up more fiberglass or carbon fiber reinforcement per these forum guidelines?

I feel like I would rather have someone that knows the craft do this than myself...especially considering what has to come out to even get to the reverse side of the tunnel from the inside

Plus, I do have a 2 of my original 3 years of warranty left, and if he checks it in w/ brp, then it will result in a file case on the vin. If anything happens down the road, then I feel like I could be better protected.

Or should I continue to ride, not deal with it and check status after every ride to see if it get's worse? Sounds like some of you had total failures..meaning no precurser or even time to react...like the thing just blew and started flooding the hull.

This bothers the hell out of me knowing this now. Especially at the speeds I'm going now with full intent on future modding.

Anybody with a T-X out there should check the condition of the hull within the pump tunnel.

Is this happening to most everyone?

this issue really has me paranoid now

Mine is still fine at 50 hours of hard riding.. but from what it soundsl ike i will be checking it every other ride now.

+1
    I have not heard of a dealer that also does fiberglass or carbon fiber repairs ... and BRP will not cover it, and will not reimburse the dealer either, so warranty is of no value on this issue. It is infinitely easier to reinforce before a catastrophic failure occurs rather than do a much bigger repair job after it fails. Find a friend who has experience with bodywork or fiberglass and get their help or just do it yourself per the posts on here ... it really is very easy to do. 'An ounce of prevention' IS worth a pound of cure in this case, just like with the SC washers.

Every single fast ski has a few issues that need to be addressed by the owner, regardless of make ... just seems to be part of owning a very fast ski ... best to get comfortable working on the ski and fixing the few issues before they wreck your ski or your summer.

i cant belive my ears , are u all gonna sit back and do nothing ,if this is a issue with the tx (like the sc issue )then brp are going to have to sort it and not just say " its not covered "!!!!

your in the same boat as me buddy i have 2 of 3 years left and spidercracks on the left side in the tunnel as your said. and my dealer is very cool but they couldnt cover it as seadoo wont cover it. however as they were changing my supercharger they checked the inside of the tunner and there were no cracks forming! and since i found the cracks (around 6 rides ago) they have not got any worse at all, so i'm guessing its almost purely cosmetic but since i was worried about delam (the gelcoat peeling off) i sanded down the gelcoat till it was very ruff in the tunnel then cleaned it and put apoxy overtop of the cracks and made sure it filled them also... i used one of thos little sponge painting things to spread the apoxy smoothly. you have to work fast as it drys very quick and gets thicker and wont spread easy! after sanding the gel was ruff and white with cracks in it but after the apoxy dried it looks nice and black with no cracks visible at all it looks as good as brand new.
    if you are really worried about it just look up the pump reinforcment how to. but as you said you have 2 of 3 years left so even if the tunnel does let go and you sink lol your looking at a complete fix and or a brand new ski so i wouldnt worry to much just ride and have fun!

Im just shocked that Seadoo wont step up to the plate on this. Ive read at least 20-30 threads in the last week on this issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by QWKRN U View Post
    Im just shocked that Seadoo wont step up to the plate on this. Ive read at least 20-30 threads in the last week on this issue.
    This is why we need to document and photograph damage in the pump tunnel. If BRP refuse to warrant an obvious design flaw/poor workmanship, the courts can force change.

Just imagine how many people out there that don't know about this potential problem and haven't checked their skis yet... Ron

Thread Information