Need torque specs...

For a 951 motor stock rebuild on cylinders/head bolts. Also do I need to get air out of oil lines through the block and pump? Any advise would be appreciated.

I have a manual for a 97 98 xpl. i guess it all should be the same the first is 11 ft lbs and the second is 26 ft lbs

also add oil to the fist tank of gas. for a 951 this should do it there is no rotary oil system so if you remove the oil supply line and let the air out the pump should pick it up by the time the first tank is gone. I would loose the oil system anyway and go premix

I'd like to lose the oiling system but my buddy wants to keep itI tested it and she's a pumpin so I told him its on him..... Wuts up with the different size base gaskets? I miked the old gaskets looks like about .55mm so I asumed it has the .6mm ??? I guess thinner makes more compression but lower's the port timin...We{I the motor fixer} want reliabilty no performance gain at all.

not sure if the thinner gasket will make that big a difference. use new ones to get original height. the oil system is the least reliable part of the ski. You took the motor apart you see how that thing works. it does not even mix the oil and gas like the old vro outboards. get rid of it and add 100 hours of life to the engine.

the guys I know who have the oil injection still in use, 787 720 motors still do a light pre mix. it could at least save your crank

+1
    To prime your lines, turn the motor over with the plugs out while you hold the oil pump wide open throttle. Watch the lines you'll see it pushing the air bubbles out. Just remember, don't keep it turning over too long, do it in 10 second intervals as to not burn up your starter.
    SHOOTER

The base gaskets come at 3-4 sizes from seadoo. I'll just get the one in the middle... lol

Thread Information