Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: yamaha recall

+1

yamaha recall

Does anyone know if yamaha is planning or considering a recall on the FZR/S due to the stuffing issue?? I'd hate to see more people get hurt, the injurys so far have been very severe. I am planing to get the Riva or R&D grate for my FZR but before I spend the 200$ I wanted to see if anyone knows if yamaha will be doing a recall soon.
    thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    Does anyone know if yamaha is planning or considering a recall on the FZR/S due to the stuffing issue?? I'd hate to see more people get hurt, the injurys so far have been very severe. I am planing to get the Riva or R&D grate for my FZR but before I spend the 200$ I wanted to see if anyone knows if yamaha will be doing a recall soon.
    thanks
    Maybe if I send them my medical bill they will. Seriously, I cant see Yamaha not taking action on this issue, the same way that I cant see them not being aware of it. Forgive me if I seem a little "red assed" right now but I am. Maybe some you who have been around a while can weigh in on this issue because to me its a no brainer. I know crap happens and we all take a big risk doing 70 mph on the water but other than manifold upgrade, my ski is stock. If this issue doesnt meet the qualifications for a recall, then what does??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    Maybe if I send them my medical bill they will. Seriously, I cant see Yamaha not taking action on this issue, the same way that I cant see them not being aware of it. Forgive me if I seem a little "red assed" right now but I am. Maybe some you who have been around a while can weigh in on this issue because to me its a no brainer. I know crap happens and we all take a big risk doing 70 mph on the water but other than manifold upgrade, my ski is stock. If this issue doesnt meet the qualifications for a recall, then what does??

Hi there,

I also come off my FZR about just over 3 weeks ago and tore a 13mm tear in my shoulder tendon...... and let me tell you it still aches like hell.

i contacted yamaha here in australia and they said they where u aware of this problem but will look in too it,

still have not heard back from yamaha and thats two weeks ago.

cheers
    tony

re: recall

Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    thanks
    I don't think it will happen unless it happens to everyone that rides one. I was going to get one last week but that's on hold.
    Don't shoot the messenger here but I called yami, talked to racers and they state it comes to the rider. They also said state it happened sometimes on the 1300 when the ski was pushed hard. Yami states they have not heard anything at all and I would also say that if a ski had been changs "at all", yami will not do anything. I was looking at one but since it's only about 1" shorter or so, I'll buy another SHO..haven't had that issue on my SHO.

Just my 2 cents..no guns at me...

Quote Originally Posted by Crewdawg View Post
    I don't think it will happen unless it happens to everyone that rides one. I was going to get one last week but that's on hold.
    Don't shoot the messenger here but I called yami, talked to racers and they state it comes to the rider. They also said state it happened sometimes on the 1300 when the ski was pushed hard. Yami states they have not heard anything at all and I would also say that if a ski had been changs "at all", yami will not do anything. I was looking at one but since it's only about 1" shorter or so, I'll buy another SHO..haven't had that issue on my SHO.

Just my 2 cents..no guns at me...
    I spoke with my dealer and Yamaha found the problem, apparently is not the intake grate, soon will be getting a letter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pituco View Post
    I spoke with my dealer and Yamaha found the problem, apparently is not the intake grate, soon will be getting a letter.
    let us know what your dealer says

Quote Originally Posted by pituco View Post
    thats right

I have a completely stock 08 1300 that over stuffed at about 67-68mph (GPS) about a month ago. Luckily the guy/Green Hulk member riding it wasn't seriously injured. He limped away holding his ribs and was in obvious pain. I guess Yamaha is waiting for the class action law suit.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
    I have a completely stock 08 1300 that over stuffed at about 67-68mph (GPS) about a month ago. Luckily the guy/Green Hulk member riding it wasn't seriously injured. He limped away holding his ribs and was in obvious pain. I guess Yamaha is waiting for the class action law suit.
    guese so but for now we'll just keep winning championship

Any more news on the potential recall. Got bucked today with a passenger on the back and it was not fun. No reason as to why it could have happened was traveling in a straight path, calm conditions and just began accelerating...might have been around 55mph.

Called the dealer and they are looking into it but curious as to what others have had the dealers do. I am hoping that I will not be out of pocket to remdy this issue myself and would imagien absed on conversations with the dealer that any work or mods done do void the warranty. I am a Canadian so will be pursuing this will Yamaha Canada if some progress is not made and suggestions offered with a reasonable and safe solution.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information