Question 04 gtx supercharged - What simple Mod's will give me the most bang for the buck??

I picked up a supercharged 04 gtx with low hours recently. I was wondering what upgrades/mods would increase the performance and not be too tricky to install or extremely expensive?

This is the first time I've ever modded one of my skiis, and I was just curious about performance upgrades.

Thanks,

Tim

+1
    Anything that works on the RXT/RXP engine will work on the GTX SC. You have to be careful not to push the HP too far because the 185 version has cast pistons instead of forged. Most people that I know who mod their GTX do a Riva Gen II wheel (or equivalent), XS intercooler, the correct prop, a 4" custom air intake, RXP/RXT ECU, 58 PSI fuel pressure regulator, and 42# injectors (just to be safe).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Anything that works on the RXT/RXP engine will work on the GTX SC. You have to be careful not to push the HP too far because the 185 version has cast pistons instead of forged. Most people that I know who mod their GTX do a Riva Gen II wheel (or equivalent), XS intercooler, the correct prop, a 4" custom air intake, RXP/RXT ECU, 58 PSI fuel pressure regulator, and 42# injectors (just to be safe).
    NICE... What he said! ...And welcome to the forum.

XS IC was the best bang for the buck on the 185. Good luck choosing between the 12/20 and the 13/20. --Jeremy

Thanks for the information guys! I should have been a little more specific, and mentioned that I'm looking to build a 75 m.p.h. ski. With that being said, would that parts list still be adequate??

Also, where can I find these parts and how much cash am I looking at?

I appreciate the responses!

-Tim

+1
    welcome to the forum !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tim2thousand4 View Post
    Thanks for the information guys! I should have been a little more specific, and mentioned that I'm looking to build a 75 m.p.h. ski. With that being said, would that parts list still be adequate??

Also, where can I find these parts and how much cash am I looking at?

I appreciate the responses!

-Tim
    Building a 75 mph ski form the 185 hp platform is a daunting task, but is possible. Yes, those mods will be a good start. Start reading and researching, and post questions as they arrise. Welcome again. --J

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Building a 75 mph ski form the 185 hp platform is a daunting task, but is possible. Yes, those mods will be a good start. Start reading and researching, and post questions as they arrise. Welcome again. --J

Mid to high 60's would be nice. I suppose 75 mph out of a 185 is a little outrageous, but it never hurts to have goals

I haven't checked the stock speed with a gps yet, any ideas of stock speeds?? I was told low 60's, but who knows??

What benefits would a new high performance pipe provide?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tim2thousand4 View Post
    Mid to high 60's would be nice. I suppose 75 mph out of a 185 is a little outrageous, but it never hurts to have goals

I haven't checked the stock speed with a gps yet, any ideas of stock speeds?? I was told low 60's, but who knows??

What benefits would a new high performance pipe provide?
    "Outrageous" is my goal right now!

Brand new, it was probably about 62. Shoot for 67 or 68. Then 70. Then ...

I think 67 or 68 is plausible without too much money out of pocket.

4" Kanaflex air intake
    wedge
    Riva Grate
    13/20 prop & new wear ring
    Greenwheel and new SC internals

That should get you to 66. Add the XS IC and get 67, maybe 68. Then start looking at upgrading to the 215 ECU and 58 lb fpr. Then the RXT driveshaft/215 wear ring/ 14/19 prop.

Set reachable goals. Read "jpeconsult's 185 build", the begining of "tested new mods with results" and start searching key words. Holler if you need anything. --Jeremy

arghhh you guys are going to make me mod the wife's ski. lol

Thread Information