Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is water temp that big a deal?

ok, I'm a bit disappointed and I'm attempting to find out why. I just installed the VF-3 reeds, R&D intake, R&D rideplate and a riva race filter. I had very high hopes of great speeds, but I lost about 1 mph? The air temp was about 93, rather then 85 - 90 but the water temp was 5 degrees warmer then it was last week.

Could 5 degrees warmer water really slow the boat that much??

+1
    with weather and humid so high your allways going to drop hp,have you vented hood & front tray may help little with temp
    one of the other people may help with efi settings
    later cd

That air temp will surely slow you down but you should of still picked up some speed. You may need to do some tuning. With that race filter I would think that you may need to richen things up and you may need to add an efi controller.

+1

Did you trim the stuffers correctly? Did you check to make sure that the ride plate wings are not lower than the sides of the hull? Did you add fuel on the EFI for the reeds/race filter? Did you align the intake grate correctly? Did you shim the intake grate? Are the intake, shoe, and ride plate aligned together?

Oops, just saw that you DID adjust your yellow and green. Wouldn't hurt to move up to 2 on the red just to see. I would be concerned also with only a 10 rpm gain. Double check those stuffers.

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    Whats that all about, Hoss?

Quote Originally Posted by howestek
    Did you trim the stuffers correctly? Did you check to make sure that the ride plate wings are not lower than the sides of the hull? Did you add fuel on the EFI for the reeds/race filter? Did you align the intake grate correctly? Did you shim the intake grate? Are the intake, shoe, and ride plate aligned together?

Oops, just saw that you DID adjust your yellow and green. Wouldn't hurt to move up to 2 on the red just to see. I would be concerned also with only a 10 rpm gain. Double check those stuffers.
    OK, I dread this answer but, what was I suppose to do with the stuffers?

according to your CHART, (very nice by the way). you last almost 100 RPMs by putting your stock sound supression back in! you should have gained RPMs!! look to that first. Maybe something is clogged in your sound supression... rat nest...??

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1300
    according to your CHART, (very nice by the way). you last almost 100 RPMs by putting your stock sound supression back in! you should have gained RPMs!! look to that first. Maybe something is clogged in your sound supression... rat nest...??
    I also gained speed?? so yeah, I dunno. I think the humidity and water temp had something to do with that. I'm going to start recording those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by howestek
    Did you check to make sure that the ride plate wings are not lower than the sides of the hull? Did you add fuel on the EFI for the reeds/race filter? Did you align the intake grate correctly? Did you shim the intake grate? Are the intake, shoe, and ride plate aligned together?
    The sides of the rideplate are aligned but the center of the rideplate is alot lower the the pump. I didn't shim the intake at all, but it seems to line up fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by chip
    with weather and humid so high your allways going to drop hp,have you vented hood & front tray may help little with temp
    I have 4 3/4' holes in both the hood and the bucket.

+1
    bud check your power valves ,are they opening all the way?

boat= break out another thousand

late cdpcb

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information