FZR and GPR, handling wise?

I am just wondering as ive seen a couple of guys jumping from the gpr, to the FZR. I was wondering how different it feels compared to the gpr. Ive ridden so many skis, and I just hate how the sho and rxt's feel so big. I guess its if this makes sense, my gpr feels to me like im sitting in it, not on top of it. WHen I ride an rxp or ANY other ski, it feels like unsafe and like I am gonna be thrown off. I am just wondering if the fzr, carves the water and leans in like the gpr does. I might be crazy, any idea guys?

+1
    I haven't ridden one yet, & I know they supposedly have a more nimble feel than the SHO, but it will never compare to the GPR. As for riding position, the SHO has a similar "in the boat" feel to the GPR & I'd think the FZ's would be the same. I agree with you on the horrible high CG ride on the Doos.

I rode a show and just didnt get the vibe that I would enjoy it. I think maybe,I just am so used to my ski, that maybe i would eventually get used to it.

the fzr carves corners with a "lean and turn" type handling, as opposed to the gpr having more of a snap turn ability. all depends on how you set them up.

2 very different boats for sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by espritonsevas View Post
    I am just wondering as ive seen a couple of guys jumping from the gpr, to the FZR. I was wondering how different it feels compared to the gpr. Ive ridden so many skis, and I just hate how the sho and rxt's feel so big. I guess its if this makes sense, my gpr feels to me like im sitting in it, not on top of it. WHen I ride an rxp or ANY other ski, it feels like unsafe and like I am gonna be thrown off. I am just wondering if the fzr, carves the water and leans in like the gpr does. I might be crazy, any idea guys?
    Because they are big. I have the GPR and SHO and I think they feel very similar. IMO.

+1
    I rode Jerry's FZR, and it does feel light and nimble. It leans over quickly and definetly has a different turning style than the GPR. A GPR has more of a flat turning style. I have never ridden a FX SHO, so I can't compare it to a FZR. While riding the FZR I looked behind me in a turn and thought wow there is alot of boat behind me. Yamaha did good in making it feel smaller than it really is.

Yea I guess thats what I am looking for in the future ski, for it to feel smaller then it is since their not going to make them smaller, might as well try and make them feel smaller is all I can hope for.

Thread Information