96 GTX Rave System

Hi to everybody. The engine is 787. On the piston 1 it was a leak in the rave valve. I took out the cover, valve piston, and bellow. The bellow was damage. I read to clean the valve before put it back together.
    I need info how to clean it, step by step, pls
    Thanks in advance.
    Jose

Quote Originally Posted by GTX96PR View Post
    Hi to everybody. The engine is 787. On the piston 1 it was a leak in the rave valve. I took out the cover, valve piston, and bellow. The bellow was damage. I read to clean the valve before put it back together.
    I need info how to clean it, step by step, pls
    Thanks in advance.
    Jose
    It is best not to dis-assemble the inner valve to clean unless a need exists to pull it apart. It is common for the bellows to leak in time etc. Just take the cover off, carefully take off spring retainer then unscrew the piston top and slide off bellow. Use some WD40 or similar to clean up all the oil in the rave valve housing and surrounds, Pull up valve and wipe off any oil or build up. It is important to wipe off all oil thoroughly to ensure a good seal when reassembling valve.

To re-assemble, slide new bellow on to lower housing, carefully screw on valve top and once done up, slide top of bellow over it. Carefully put retaining spring around bellow-important to avoid getting it oily during this process to ensure a good seal. Put Valve cover on and secure retaining clip...

Sometimes the retaining springs may not have sufficient tension to stop a leak. My mechanic got me to use fine wire instead that I tightened and folded within the spring retainer recess... Never leaked since..

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    You should never use a petroleum based product to clean the bellows. Use Simple Green or Dawn dishwashing soap.

And I think you are thinking of the newer RAVE systems. You can disassemble these all day, and in fact, they need to be in order to be cleaned properly.

Thread Information