Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: VF3 install

  1. #1
    If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pontoon Beach Illinois
    Posts
    1,115

    VF3 install

    I had this in the project section, but not alot of activity over there, so here it is...

    OK.... lets see if i am getting this right, been through all the post from the search engine, couldnt find the answer.... order of assembly.... reed cover, front reed gasket (from lowell), VF3 reed, reed spacer, rear reed gasket (again from lowell)....

    also the 18 bolts that hold all this together, what is the torque, couldnt find it in the manual or through the searches....


  2. #2
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouisramsfan View Post
    I had this in the project section, but not alot of activity over there, so here it is...

    OK.... lets see if i am getting this right, been through all the post from the search engine, couldnt find the answer.... order of assembly.... reed cover, front reed gasket (from lowell), VF3 reed, reed spacer, rear reed gasket (again from lowell)....

    also the 18 bolts that hold all this together, what is the torque, couldnt find it in the manual or through the searches....
    I torque all the 6mm bolts to 85 inch pds. with some blue lock tight

  3. #3
    If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pontoon Beach Illinois
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    I torque all the 6mm bolts to 85 inch pds. with some blue lock tight
    Thanks Jim

  4. #4

  5. #5
    not to doubt Jim, he has lots of experience.

    manual:
    1st - 3.8 Nm, 2.7ft lb, equals/or 32.4 in lbs
    2nd - 7.6Nm, 5.5ft lb, equals/or 66.0 in lbs

  6. #6
    If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pontoon Beach Illinois
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Thanks, i must of missed note on the bottom of your post....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    not to doubt Jim, he has lots of experience.

    manual:
    1st - 3.8 Nm, 2.7ft lb, equals/or 32.4 in lbs
    2nd - 7.6Nm, 5.5ft lb, equals/or 66.0 in lbs
    Thanks PR, where did you find this info?I couldnt find anything in the 99 xll manual,

  7. #7
    Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Waterloo, IA
    Posts
    1,608
    probably from the gpr manual... should be the same

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouisramsfan View Post
    Thanks, i must of missed note on the bottom of your post....



    Thanks PR, where did you find this info?I couldnt find anything in the 99 xll manual,
    hmmm, this info is in the GPR manual. this is for the 1300 motor.

  9. #9
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    not to doubt Jim, he has lots of experience.

    manual:
    1st - 3.8 Nm, 2.7ft lb, equals/or 32.4 in lbs
    2nd - 7.6Nm, 5.5ft lb, equals/or 66.0 in lbs
    You forgot one big factor Andy that's stock you are now adding another 3/8 thick plate in there everything moves out, Putting more weight on the bolts have tried stock torques and have come lose. I have never had one come lose tightening to 85 inch pds. so that's what i tighten them to.

  10. #10
    If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pontoon Beach Illinois
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    You forgot one big factor Andy that's stock you are now adding another 3/8 thick plate in there everything moves out, Putting more weight on the bolts have tried stock torques and have come lose. Never have come lose tightening to 85 inch pds.
    This is why i love this site, so much knowledge, and the reasoning behind it... thanks again...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. EFI VF3 Install
    By Gatorcountry in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 01:00 PM
  2. Question on VF3 install
    By Chrisrokc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 08:55 PM
  3. vf3 install ???
    By MDGPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 10:42 PM
  4. vf3 install
    By MDGPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-30-2006, 02:00 PM
  5. Tips on VF3 installation
    By O-ToWn1300R in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •