Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FZS dangerous?

FZS dangerous?

Hi all,

Have been doing some reading of the posts and noticing some troubling info regarding coming off the fz series at high speed. I am set to pick up my new fzs this weekend and looking forward to enjoying the performance and speed. However, from those on this site...is this ski and issue?

I will not be doing and mods and the ski will be stock....is there a risk of stuffing the pump when doing "normal" riding or is there other underlying factors.

It seems like people have suggested not letting off the throttle to fast but is there a risk of it happening for no reason. Hoping this is not going to be a feauture that ruins this ski or leads to a recall.

+1
    It has been happening stock but more common with skis that have mods. It looks like a new intake grate will fix the problem, or at least thats what everyone is saying.... and your right, let off of the throttle easy, dont chop it.

I really hope Yami takes care of this. I would not let it stop a purchase.
    Just be careful and use what you know to try to make sure you do not get launched. Even if no other mods are done an aftermaket grate will be a good move regardless of whether or not Yami fixes the 'issue'.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I really hope Yami takes care of this. I would not let it stop a purchase.
    Just be careful and use what you know to try to make sure you do not get launched. Even if no other mods are done an aftermaket grate will be a good move regardless of whether or not Yami fixes the 'issue'.
    well put

I agree with shobiz and mazy. An intake grate is probably the solution. I have 15 hrs on my FZS, my girlfriend and I have each rode it in a variety of water conditions and have not had an incident yet but I am ordering the Riva grate for insurance.

+1
    I will be OTW this weekend so I will post results of stuffing, etc. Hopefully not. So far (excluding modified FZR/S) it seems it happens without any warning which is the scary part, people have reported running their skis fine with no issue then they get bucked.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    I will be OTW this weekend so I will post results of stuffing, etc. Hopefully not. So far (excluding modified FZR/S) it seems it happens without any warning which is the scary part, people have reported running their skis fine with no issue then they get bucked.
    I was pegged out and stable on a lake when i was ejected. I didnt let off the throttle until I was off the ski and I held on as tight as possible but my left bicep tendon pussed out on me and ruptured. It just came out of the blue without any warning and this wasnt the first time that I had the ski opened up. Now I only have 40 minutes on my ski so my issue happened early. I wouldnt open up a Z period until I had an aftermarket grate put on. Of course thats just me talking and I am pretty gun shy now but I now fully respect our hobby and I would rather be safe than sorry. Good luck tis weekend...

+1
    Hope you feel better soon. I ran across this photo the other day and thought about you guys...

+1
    I got to ride a slightly modded FZR yesterday this ski will run 72-73.5 depending on fuel. The water was very rough but the coves were smoooth The plate and grate are still stock but it has a different prop I did not feel any stuff issues and I tried to make it stuff it has almost 14 hours on it and the owner has not had a stuff issue. but I will change the grate if I get it worked out

I really liked the ride and the power I do wish they would have put the cruse option on the FZ but unless something happens I plan on picking up a red FZS ( I like the boarding step and a hook for my cooler) maybe next week to go along with my RXT-X

+1
    Scott. The plate has been angled on that ski. Would you have been trying to get it to stuff if you knew that?

Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    I got to ride a slightly modded FZR yesterday this ski will run 72-73.5 depending on fuel. The water was very rough but the coves were smoooth The plate and grate are still stock but it has a different prop I did not feel any stuff issues and I tried to make it stuff it has almost 14 hours on it and the owner has not had a stuff issue. but I will change the grate if I get it worked out

I really liked the ride and the power I do wish they would have put the cruse option on the FZ but unless something happens I plan on picking up a red FZS ( I like the boarding step and a hook for my cooler) maybe next week to go along with my RXT-X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information