Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Overstuff issue SOLVED on my FZR

Just got off the water after installing the Riva grate and my overstuff issue is gone. I tried everything to get it to stuff and couldn't do it.

I can now go wide open and let off the throttle completely and the ski just coasts to a stop.

With the stock grate when you let off the throttle even slightly it was like hitting the brakes. Now the ski just glides to a stop

I can't compare top speed numbers with that of the stock grate because i was down 1 psi boost today VS where i was at with my best top speed of 74.4. Very hot and humid here this morning. Also, the water was flat calm with no boat traffic so i can't comment on hookup. I'm sure it's greatly improved though.

+1
    Nice work Jerry! Glad this fixed it. Everyone will be safer now.

Great news Jerry! Will you be testing the R&D grate too?

Also, Will the new grate allow you to run more plate angle?

+1
    I will also be testing the R&D grate once i receive it.

I have lots of angle on my plate right now so yes, it still solved the stuff issue even with all the angle i had on my plate.

+1
    Awesome!!!!

+1
    You need to find some chop. I used the R&D Intake grate on my FZR at the races in Parker. During the moto I used it, I noticed better hook-up. It worked as advertised. However, the ride plate is the final piece for good turning and handling. Bill from R&D adjusted my nozzle down 13 turns. If you look at your nozzle in the netural position it is not really netural. It is several degrees up. We got it so that Netural was a true Netural. This makes for less hoping around in small chop.

Also in my opinion in order to get the FZR really dialed in for super sharp turns is to get the Drop Nozzle. The noze on the FZR is too high in the corners and the drop nozzle would put it where it needs to be to get that heavy butt on the FZR in the air a bit more for a sharper turn or what I call they whip feeling. I like to whip the FZR around a buoy when I hammer the throttle half way through a turn and then hold on for dear life.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I will also be testing the R&D grate once i receive it.

I have lots of angle on my plate right now so yes, it still solved the stuff issue even with all the angle i had on my plate.
    Jerry!
    Roughly what is your angle on the plate? Eventhough not compareable, you surely brought the GPS and got some speed #'s today??
    Great work btw. fixing the issue! I was out today with a swedish Boat magazine, air temp 11 celcius, water ~5, they just love the FZR

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Just got off the water after installing the Riva grate and my overstuff issue is gone. I tried everything to get it to stuff and couldn't do it.

I can now go wide open and let off the throttle completely and the ski just coasts to a stop.

With the stock grate when you let off the throttle even slightly it was like hitting the brakes. Now the ski just glides to a stop

I can't compare top speed numbers with that of the stock grate because i was down 1 psi boost today VS where i was at with my best top speed of 74.4. Very hot and humid here this morning. Also, the water was flat calm with no boat traffic so i can't comment on hookup. I'm sure it's greatly improved though.
    excellent, thats exactly how the GPR acted with the OEM grate. and with flat water, the pump is getting stuffed moret vs, intermittent chop. Top speed will be faster in slight ripple/chop too due to less wetted surface from less drag.

Thanks for posting your results Jerry, this should ease the minds of those experiening the oh so dreaded pump overstuff condition.

I'm really impressed with al the positive findings and results all you FZR/SHO guys are doing to extract speeds from this new hull/ski design. I'm looking forward to the huge gains once an ECU rev limiter mod comes out!, the sky will then be the limit !

+1
    That is "grate" news.

+1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    That's is "grate" news.
    I like that

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information