+1

Painting a Supercharger????

I have a supercharger that I need to freshen the paint on. Will a normal high quality automotive paint work? I am not sure how hot they get (I wouldn't think they get that hot) to pick a paint.

Anyone?

I used engine paint with ceramic in it , seems to be working great , and I ride in salt water , just be sure to prep it good .

+1
    i sandlasted mine clean, waiting to rebuild then i will blast it one more time, clean, degrease, and primer coat, then final coat.
    using duplicolor high temp engine paint 500 degrees, primer and semi gloss black, both are high temp.
    do NOT get any sandblast or other grit or debris inside the SC.
    i also polished my internal bell, and other exposed aluminum parts with a green scotchbrite pad, then polished with aluminum polish to get it nice and clean and smooth, after sandblasting and polishing i wiped/rinsed out the inside and outside with wd40 and nonlinting wipes. went over and over and over to get any traces of debris off.

+1
    Yea, I found the paint today at Autozone. I am going to sandblast at work too. I will duct tape it well, but it is going to have to be cleaned after that very well. I think I am going to go Yellow to match the valve cover for a little different twist. Why be normal? Not me .

+1
    i would use some sort of cap, plastic or rubber, i found some perfect fit caps on the ends of stainless steel pipe sections, (thread protectors) and then use electrical tape, guys recommends this to me at work, the duct tape didnt hold up as well.
    make sure to double/triple!!! wrap inlet, outlet, and gear clutch area. cap of fthe tip of the shaft cuz its an oiling port down into the gear and clutches...
    i had mine wrapped so good, after i was done i was able to wash he outside off with soap and water to get all the sand off. no leaks!!

Thread Information