Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1989 300sx conversion

is there a bigger engine i can put in this thing? cause i can't find a replacement engine for it, and the originial engine it is seized up and i can't get it loose. i need help lol. so any suggestions would be nice.

300 Q

I believe any Kawasaki 400/440/550 motor would fit that hull.

Quote Originally Posted by polaris96 View Post
    is there a bigger engine i can put in this thing? cause i can't find a replacement engine for it, and the originial engine it is seized up and i can't get it loose. i need help lol. so any suggestions would be nice.

any will fit including 650 and 750... but both require adaptor plates... otherwise you can drop in a 440 or 550 with an engine cradle and it shouldt fit.. remember to get new exhaust and intake manifolds that match your carb aswell.

okay, after the confirmation i was pretty confident, but then i noticed that on the 650 engine the exhaust runs through the front of the ski. and on the 300 it runs to the water box to a hose running towards the back of the ski. that gonna be a problem?

okay, after the confirmation i was pretty confident, but then i noticed that on the 650 engine the exhaust runs through the front of the ski. and on the 300 it runs to the water box to a hose running towards the back of the ski. that gonna be a problem?

no make it do the same thing =) i have an oem waterbox if youd like to copy the 550 and do it that way.. or you can get some exhaust pipe patching stuff *looks like a tape version of what a cast for a broken hand is made out of* and wrap the tubing you have to jkeep it form being burned through... though it shouldned because its a wetpipe i thin ou will be ok... though waterboxes help... i would do it which ever way you feel mor comfortable.. i can show pics of what i mean if you need it

make it do the same thing? how would i go about doing that? yeah pics would be fantastic. appreciate it. thanks!

make it do the same thing? how would i go about doing that? yeah pics would be fantastic. appreciate it. thanks!

will do! i mean ive never done a 300 to any other conversion... buuuuut i beleive i can show you how.. im doing 550 to 650 conversion.. i thin the biggest thing is to get the drive shaft spindle *or lock nu* (ill show the pic of it idk the real name) off the motor size drive shaft and put it on your existing shaft...

welll i started working on some pics to show you how and then i came acros this... i think it will asnwer all of your questions!

http://pwctoday.com/f21/440-550-bible-40122.html

dont know if you started this project either... some other members mentioned wanting to do it..

\
    i just thought about your only problem...

in a 440/550 they share the same cradle and engine mounts... i dont know if a 300 does...

buuuuut

if by some chance youve figured this part out.. im selling the plates...

if anyone needs one... please refer to our Website

Sorry I didn't see this sooner....But I'll add some info in case someone brings this up searching.

The 300sx is an entirely different hull than the js300 (As the owner has probably found out by now).

The conversion of a 300SX hull is NOT the "easy job" it is for the JS300/440/550 hulls.

It takes MAJOR MODS to put a bigger motor in a 300SX hull.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information