Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Need help! White smoke RXP-04

Hi,

I have an RXP -04 and I now see white smoke when riding? Yesterday I was out 20 min and it didnt stop? Not so much smoke but something must be wrong, right?

The coolant level is fine and also when you check the oil it looks very nice. ( service done with new oil, filter, sparkplugs)

What could possible be wrong, if I look closer I can see some water at the bottom?
    Is this normal or not?
    What should i do/test???

Please I need all the help I can get!

Thanks in advance!
    Robson

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu View Post
    Hi,

I have an RXP -04 and I now see white smoke when riding? Yesterday I was out 20 min and it didnt stop? Not so much smoke but something must be wrong, right?

The coolant level is fine and also when you check the oil it looks very nice. ( service done with new oil, filter, sparkplugs)

What could possible be wrong, if I look closer I can see some water at the bottom?
    Is this normal or not?
    What should i do/test???

Please I need all the help I can get!

Thanks in advance!
    Robson
    Do you have a stock water Box? Did this problem start after the service that was done on your ski?

Thanks Jammer!

What do you mean with a stock water Box?
    No, the white smoke was before service also.

Robson

Thanks Jammer!

What do you mean with a stock water Box?
    No, the white smoke was before service also.

Robson
    O K....Is your ski "STOCK" .....Stock means, you bought it from a dealer in 2004 when it first came out

No, one owner before me when I bought it.

Maybe a leak in the intercooler. Loop the two hoses together to see if it stops. You may lose 1 mph while doing this, but nothing drastic... Ron

Thanks,

Where are the Intercooler located, and how will I know which hose to loop?

Robson

also when you check the oil it looks very nice.
    How nice Like, The oil said...I got a nice tan, thanks for asking and I am looking good right now....."Nice" ...That kind of "Nice" maybe sorry Bro, I am just being me...Jammer 1 I have an '04 RXP. I know every sound it makes since I first started it Love at first sight ...started at the Dealers showroom White smoke could mean a lot of things. Normally, to me....white smoke is created by steam. In order to create steam, is you need a lot of heat. when heat is present in the equation......then that gets me nervous....I don't like getting nervous

No, one owner before me when I bought it.
    O K start from there. find the history of your ski. ask the previous owner and ask Him or Her or it What he has done to the ski. write everything down. This is where we start as soon as we get all the info. Without the Info, it's a Blind man leading a Blind man syndrome in Jammer 1's rule book By just helping you on what you have just posted, I will probably send you the wrong path Did I make sense? The Platform of Sea Doo skis are not really complicated. They are really easy to understand. It's when you come to needing the Bud's system is where you hit a brick wall .......and even a "Brick Wall" can be broken....... .....Jammer 1 add a "dy" in the Bud's system....what do you have

The previous owner say hi didnt done anything except doing all the correct services (at dealer). I have got all the papers from it was new and there you only can see all the services and what they have done.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information